Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A have just changed over a water pump on a corsa d when a removed the bolts they were covered in oil looking at it the rocker cover looks to be weeping oil on that side but could that be covering the bolts in oil and then I have managed to sheer a bolt re fiting the thing

· Super Moderator
1,486 Posts
Leaking rocker gaskets are reported here fairly often so it's a good bet but you need to get it cleaned up and see for sure, it's impossible for us to give an answer to the question "could that be covering the bolts in oil" without seeing it as obviously it could but it could be something else.

· Registered
1,269 Posts
A have just changed over a water pump on a corsa d when a removed the bolts they were covered in oil looking at it the rocker cover looks to be weeping oil on that side but could that be covering the bolts in oil and then I have managed to sheer a bolt re fiting the thing
The bolts having oil on the threads is fine, the bolts screw directly into the timing chain cover , so don't worry about that too much. With the snapped bolt ideally it would be great to see a picture of how much thread you have left. But what you can do is try cut a slit into the top of the bolts with a small hack saw or Dremel, if I use a Dremel be sure to try cover parts of the engine jist incase you slip off. But cut slits into the top and then use a flat head stubby screw driver to get out , see this video at approx 29:15 seconds and he shows what I mean

Moving forward, but sure to get a torque wrench that measure 10nm as the water pumps should only be this tight, so should not really be shearing off.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

· Registered
Vauxhall Corsa 'D' Active 2012 Manual
128 Posts
If you use 'Easy-Outs' (broken bolt extractors) be very careful, as these are very hard (like a drill or a tap), so if you break one of these inside the bolt, you could be in real trouble.
The best advice is to avoid using them and try the methods outlined above.

Regards

1 - 8 of 8 Posts