Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have just ordered a corsa vxr in arden blue due for delivery late april/early may! I previously had a 2012 corsa d white and black un-limited edition which i wrote of back in january due to flood damage, i then stupidly ordered a red and black limited edition but vx have constantly messed me about since ordering it, twice they have pushed the delivery date back by over a month! so luckily i have managed to change my order to the vixxer! I genuinely cannot wait! going to be a bit of a jump in power! but my insurance has only gone up £100 from a 1.2 to a 1.6T so ijumped at the chance!

This is the first turbo car i have had so am abit of a noob! i know about all the warming up and cooling down things but i was just wondering if there is any running in perioid? and also if anyone could point my in the direction of a front grille vxr badge? ive looked about on ebay but cant seem to find one!

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Nice choice!! There's all different views about this running in thing mate. Also make sure it's a genuine badge tho cause the others are pants lol

·
Registered
476 Posts
That's great mate cheers! Might me a stupid question but how do they attach to the grill?
I rubbed a slight bit of super glue all around the back of the sticky pad of the badge on lightly tho no blobs or dripping and pressed hard on where I wanted it and its not budged since pal

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
The badge comes with tape on it

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah don't superglue it or anythin'! It stays on by itself there's plenty of contact, mines been jet washed more than enough since I put the badge on and it's never budged but at least if I wanna take it off I can 'cause it aint been superglued on.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
okay mate cheers for that! any chance you could put a pic on her for me of your grille with where youve place the badge?

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Hi guys,

I have just ordered a corsa vxr in arden blue due for delivery late april/early may! I previously had a 2012 corsa d white and black un-limited edition which i wrote of back in january due to flood damage, i then stupidly ordered a red and black limited edition but vx have constantly messed me about since ordering it, twice they have pushed the delivery date back by over a month! so luckily i have managed to change my order to the vixxer! I genuinely cannot wait! going to be a bit of a jump in power! but my insurance has only gone up £100 from a 1.2 to a 1.6T so ijumped at the chance!

This is the first turbo car i have had so am abit of a noob! i know about all the warming up and cooling down things but i was just wondering if there is any running in perioid? and also if anyone could point my in the direction of a front grille vxr badge? ive looked about on ebay but cant seem to find one!

Many thanks in advance!
So after me saying it was a stupid idea to order another LE in this thread

http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?67430-New-car-Red-2013-LE&highlight=Bradbull

u was sticking up for it, arguing your case for the LE, and then u go and get a VXR after and I quote :

I do mostly town driving so I don't need anything quick, plus after my last one being a write off I can't afford to insure anything quicker at the moment due to it being so high! Plus I think the LE is a great looking car and it does everything I need!
:lol::lol:

But great choice buddy!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So after me saying it was a stupid idea to order another LE in this thread

http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?67430-New-car-Red-2013-LE&highlight=Bradbull

u was sticking up for it, arguing your case for the LE, and then u go and get a VXR after and I quote :

:lol::lol:

But great choice buddy!
Haha! well Vx kept messing me about on my LE, so i started to look into vxrs and began to do some insrance quotes and managed to haggle enough to get one which is affordable! i do only do town driving but still nice to have a bit of power there when you need it! Im quite indecisive!

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Haha! well Vx kept messing me about on my LE, so i started to look into vxrs and began to do some insrance quotes and managed to haggle enough to get one which is affordable! i do only do town driving but still nice to have a bit of power there when you need it! Im quite indecisive!
Haha I do mostly town driving aswell but like u said its nice to have the power there when u need it.
And trust me once the VXR arrives, you'll realise where I was coming from on the other thread :) as I did own a red and black LE before

Again great choice!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts