Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had to get my front right tire change as the tread has worn out and was making my car shake at like 80mph so I also got the front balanced and it helped but it still kinda feels like a vibration wobble or something which I’m not sure what it could be it’s a lot better then what is was since I got a new tire and balance. Also I do 3.5 revs at 70 and when going 80+ it’s 4 or more if it’s downhill or if I speed up more is this okay?

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Drive at 60 on a quiet road with no radio and press clutch while it’s moving, if it sounds like a drone from the front end it could be a wheel bearing, and don’t forget to let the clutch back up afterwards. 😝

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drive at 60 on a quiet road with no radio and press clutch while it’s moving, if it sounds like a drone from the front end it could be a wheel bearing, and don’t forget to let the clutch back up afterwards. 😝
Hiya mate thank you for the reply, I will test this out tonight or tomorrow and let you know. Do you think the 4k+ revs at 80+mph is okay? Another thing the bit of vibration wobble seems like it disappears when past 80mph which is weird lol... if it is a wheel bearing are these easy to replace and what do they do exactly?

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Seems about right speed and revs I’m guessing a 1.2 with a 5 speed gearbox is what you’ve got. Now for the explaining if a wheel bearing. It’s something put into something that doesn’t move to allow another part to move, so if you imagine a onion sliced in half and take the middle rings out of it, the skin of the onion is harder on the outside, there’s the softer bit next then a bit of harder skin again. So a bearing is like that but instead of the softer bit it’s more like lots of little chocolate fingers end on. So the harder out bit sits into the non moving part ( your suspension ) the softer bit is the bits ‘inside’ turning like rolling a long line of chocolate fingers ( the bearings ) then the skin again is the hard bit that sits inside it all ( that’s where the driveshaft and hub are) least that’s my explanation of it all, google might give you a better and easier to understand explanation though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts