Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

has anyone attempted to change the glow plugs on this engine? I’ve got the Corsa D 1.3CDTI 2011 and it’s got the big turbo in the way of the plugs (genius design). I’ve heard people do it without removing the turbo. Any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Your car is the later model with a Dpf fitted. In order to make room for the Dpf Opel moved the turbo up to the top in front of the engine block. You will have to remove the turbo to get enough room to remove the glow plugs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

has anyone attempted to change the glow plugs on this engine? I’ve got the Corsa D 1.3CDTI 2011 and it’s got the big turbo in the way of the plugs (genius design). I’ve heard people do it without removing the turbo. Any ideas?
HI I need to change the glow plug on my sisters car, but hav ethe same issue with the Turbo blocking access. Did you manage to get it done? If so please share. Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HI I need to change the glow plug on my sisters car, but hav ethe same issue with the Turbo blocking access. Did you manage to get it done? If so please share. Cheers
Yeah mate, it was straightforward. Didn’t remove the turbo or the Dpf. You need to remove the heat shield and need a 1/4” wrench, extension rod, and a 9mm 1/4” socket. If you have a 1/4” torque wrench, that’s even better as you can set it to 9Nm to avoid the risk of snapping the plugs. I also used penetrating oil for 48 hours, spraying several times before doing it to make sure they wouldn’t snap. You can get the first glow plug (the one on the very left) quite easily without minimal difficulty. 2 and 3 require you to either go from the top with the extension and the 1/4” socket or underneath the turbo. The 4th was the most difficult for me, but I managed to get it out from the right side of the dpf. As long as you’ve got the right extension and socket, the job is easily doable. Just take your time.

ive attached the links of the stuff I used. Best of luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts