Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , does anyone know where abs rings are on a corsa d ? My car gets pulls to one side when i brake at low speed.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Hi , does anyone know where abs rings are on a corsa d ? My car gets pulls to one side when i brake at low speed.
The Abs rings will be on each drive shaft end. The front wheels it will be behind the brake disc and with the rear drum style brakes it will be inside the drum. Your car.could be pulling for a few reasons but it is quite common for the abs pump to fail on these and also a failed caliper, bits it's a matter of finding out which, I've worked on a few and it was this issue. To clarify which side you can raise the vehicle and spin the wheels and see which one doesn't stop when you press the brake pedal, once you know which side it is you need to insect caliper and also the brake fluid line to see if any fluid is travelling down to it.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wouldn’t abs pump put the dash light on?
Yeah it can do, but the two I replaced wasn't showing no abs light, simply a very very hard brake pedal, which makes sense as one side is doing all the work.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,064 Posts
The only reason I say is it the abs pump is they’re an expensive item to replace and you need to be sure it is that before you go down that route, might be worth slipping the pads out and seeing if there’s any difference in wear, it could be a lazy caliper or something like that, a caliper is much easier and cheaper to replace than the abs pump as the pump has to be programmed in to the car or so I’ve been told. I’d be tempted to go and check things nearer the wheel end as the abs pump can be a car scrapper job on the older versions and I’m not aware the corsa e having abs pump issues so maybe it’s a age thing rather than a mileage thing. Again I might be spouting 💩 but don’t always fear the worst fella.

·
Registered
859 Posts
The only reason I say is it the abs pump is they’re an expensive item to replace and you need to be sure it is that before you go down that route, might be worth slipping the pads out and seeing if there’s any difference in wear, it could be a lazy caliper or something like that, a caliper is much easier and cheaper to replace than the abs pump as the pump has to be programmed in to the car or so I’ve been told. I’d be tempted to go and check things nearer the wheel end as the abs pump can be a car scrapper job on the older versions and I’m not aware the corsa e having abs pump issues so maybe it’s a age thing rather than a mileage thing. Again I might be spouting but don’t always fear the worst fella.
O yes you need to do the check first, as I said it could be a few things, so start with the easiest and most logical and work your way up. But abs pumps aren't too bad if you don't go main dealer, managed to get a refurbished ones in eBay for goo pricing, about the same price mark as a caliper. But

1 - 8 of 8 Posts