Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's just me but recently I've noticed that my 1.2 sxi is very very laggy in accelerating from pulling away and changing gears. I don't know if it's just me wanting more power or if it's actually a common problem. I've recently fitted an induction kit also but I doubt this would make a difference? Just don't want to spend money on diagnostics incase it's nothing. :frown:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've found that if you put induction kits on small engine cars they don't seem to run right and seem to 'bog out' when accelerating. I'm pretty sure a map will sort this out but there isn't really much point in a NA 1.2. It's because (I'm assuming) the MAF isn't use to how much air is getting to the engine and then just gets confused. As there is more if a free flow of air.
If it was me I'd take it off if its only happened cuz of the induction kit bring fitted.
:)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Tbh mate, it sounds like you've just got used to the car, if you moved up to a different higher powered car, it would fell a lot faster for a while until You get used to it and its the norm.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You do realise an induction kit causes loss of power and lower mpg as they are not really suited to small engines. This is why you can get flat spots. Take the kit off things should work a bit better.

You mainly get benefit in the higher rev ranges and for bigger engines. Even in bigger engines you can still get power loss in low rev range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts