Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I was wondering if there is anyone within 40 milesish of Harrogate who could add cruise control and potentially fromt fog lights to a Corsa D 2013.

I would do it my self but I don't have access to tech2

Thanks
Jake

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Fit all the switches and lights and things up then get it to vx, then you know it’s done right, plus if you want any more upgrades in the future get them ‘unlocked’ at the same time, shouldn’t take long. Try JB Motors at Malton as if you get right lad on the job they’ll tell you what can and can’t be activated, and they know their Vauxhall’s, not just there for the money if you get what I mean.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fit all the switches and lights and things up then get it to vx, then you know it’s done right, plus if you want any more upgrades in the future get them ‘unlocked’ at the same time, shouldn’t take long. Try JB Motors at Malton as if you get right lad on the job they’ll tell you what can and can’t be activated, and they know their Vauxhall’s, not just there for the money if you get what I mean.
Yes, thank you. I am thinking of fitting Fog Lights in the future and cruise control will the car drive with them fitted without them been activated and If i get extras added on will it drive without them.

Thanks
Jake

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Yeah it’s only because new auto electric run 5 volts as can bus old school way was put a switch in dash switched feed from main or dip power and earth from the battery and whack on a set of fogs and spotlights, it was a case of the more lights you had on your nova the more horsepower you had! Those were the days. . . 😝

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
As far as I know all the wiring for the dogs is already there, be a case of fitting them up and putting a fuse in the right place then tech 2 it. Like I say try jb motors at Malton, give them a ring and get service manager and tell him what your after, don’t waste time with the big guys at knaresborough they’re a hooge company and will only sell you a new corsa that will cost £8,000,000 and drive like a bag of 🐶 💩. 😝

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As far as I know all the wiring for the dogs is already there, be a case of fitting them up and putting a fuse in the right place then tech 2 it. Like I say try jb motors at Malton, give them a ring and get service manager and tell him what your after, don’t waste time with the big guys at knaresborough they’re a hooge company and will only sell you a new corsa that will cost £8,000,000 and drive like a bag of 🐶 💩. 😝
Yes thanks for your advice I m going to get up to the scrappy. Ive given them a ring and they say they have never done a corsa but they think they can do it so figners corssed.

Any ideas about adding steering wheel controls with an aftermarket radio. It does not have steering controls presentely.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
While you’re at scrappy get the wheel too, there’s a thread on here about adding a steering wheel and I remember it needs to be tech 2’d to get it up and running, once it’s activated then put aftermarket stereo in as it’s just a loom add in I think. Something tells me there’s an liiumination wire needed too although not sure if it’s cheaper to get the controls for your wheel or to get the whole lot, probably best to look on eBay to get an idea on prices. If you get the right lad at Malton you’re into a winner.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While you’re at scrappy get the wheel too, there’s a thread on here about adding a steering wheel and I remember it needs to be tech 2’d to get it up and running, once it’s activated then put aftermarket stereo in as it’s just a loom add in I think. Something tells me there’s an liiumination wire needed too although not sure if it’s cheaper to get the controls for your wheel or to get the whole lot, probably best to look on eBay to get an idea on prices. If you get the right lad at Malton you’re into a winner.
Ok thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

As anyone got a similar suggestion for where to get Cruise Control fitted in the South East? I phoned up my local Vauxhall Dealer and they said it was too big a job, which from what I've read on the rest of the forum isn't the case/ I've got the stalk fitted, but the wire is missing and I don't have the ability to change the internal computer settings.

Cheers

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, I know this is an old thread but I have finally fitted it found someone with Tech2 on ebay and I ran the wire at fitted the stalk myself.

Do not do what I did and hold the connector upside down when putting the wire in as that had me really confused and spent 2 days diagnosing it. (Oops).

its not as hard as you think as long as you have eyes unlike me lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts