Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any ideas on how much id get for my car (1.4 16v SXi non a/c 1300 miles on clock), trade in price, for a 1.7 sxi and how much my finance wud change?

as the 1.7sxi are being discontinued and the 57 plates are coming out soon i want to get haggle for one.. any advice? iv had some good advice from Jonny Sxi and TJ

what think? :p

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
I honestly think you'd be better keeping it for a yr or two mate. Throwing money away otherwise having only had it a few months

·
Registered
258 Posts
Look on the networkq website because there was a few on there with the irmy kit, That will give you an idea on the price of them. also look at cars similar to your own to get an idea of price difference!

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
i wasnt far off with 7.5-8k

Original Price £10,757
Franchised Dealer £10,045
Independent Dealer £9,630
Private Good £9,045
Private Poor £7,555
Part Exchange £8,385
thats from parkers

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i wasnt far off with 7.5-8k

Original Price £10,757
Franchised Dealer £10,045
Independent Dealer £9,630
Private Good £9,045
Private Poor £7,555
Part Exchange £8,385
thats from parkers
ahh cool, il have a think then guys, thanks alot for your help and advice

when my car is finally fixed il think and go in and ask about prices for a 1.7 sxi

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hmm such a hard decision, wil let u know what i come back with afta i talk to vx dealers when i pick up my car, esp, as its just hand the left side resprayed and supaguarded

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd say keep it for atleast a year, or a year, and a half, or you'll just be losing money, to be honest. I wanted to trade my old Corsa in, but I waited a year, as I would have lost loads of money, if I traded it in before then.
Ok thanks mate :) and thanks TJ u been alot of help mate

·
Registered
6,536 Posts
When I traded my C in, I had £7,000 left to pay, and I got £6,500 for mine, so it wasn't that bad.

Which goes to show if you wait a while, the difference'll come down, so you'll end up losing less, rather than more, as you'll have more paid off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why do you all of a sudden want a 1.7 cdti? (surprised no-one has asked)
Is it "coz it has more power?" (if you are wanting an sxi, and already have an sxi then the spec is the same) if thats only the reason then...

Also have you thought about the insurance?

I have to be a killjoy and agree with Keith and TJ... keep what you have for another year or more mate, the money you'd lose just now makes it seem a waste. I have a friend who always buys the latest and greatest bits of computer kit whenever he can... and... well I hope you can see what I'm driving at - he burns a lot of cash (I have had my current PC for 3 years and it still does the job).

However if the money is burning a hole in your wallet, PM me and I'll find a home for it :lol: :doublethumbs:

Your choice I guess, I just think that constantly changing cars to have the latest and greatest is.... silly and before anyone cries that the 1.4 is "Gutless"... yeah ok, the diesels are probably torquier and have more get up and go, but with only 1300 miles on the clock your car is hardly "run in" is it? Mine has a bit more and seems to "loosen up" every time I drive it.

If you REALLY want a fast Vauxhall then you should forget about Corsas save up for a Lotus Carlton! :doublethumbs: (I would, but I cant drive a manual transmission due to disability...:censor:)

Not being arsey, just my opinion k ? 8) Wish I could have afforded a 10+ Grand Car at 18... :(

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
asm1 thaks for the advice and thanks to everyone else and your all right, iv decided to keep it atleast a year and a half :) as i love it really and dnt wna be losing money (obviously)

Just wanted peoples views and i got it so thanks :)

--------------------------------------------------[Case Closed]-----------------------------------------------------

1 - 19 of 19 Posts