Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a long drive up North in 2 months and I might need it.... can I stick it back on or is it irreversible?

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
You can put it back on yes, providing it is in working order when you took it off. Contemplating putting mine back on.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yes you can put it back on, as long as you didn't cut the bolt, if you simply unplugged and unscrewed it then there will be no problems. I had mine off for a while until I was about to sell car. That help? :p

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I've seen this on a few cars and quite like the look of it but often wondered about driving in the rain or spray, how bad does the back window get?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can put it back on, as long as you didn't cut the bolt, if you simply unplugged and unscrewed it then there will be no problems. I had mine off for a while until I was about to sell car. That help? :p
Brilliant! Will be doing this tomorrow then if it's not raining! :D thanks guys, got all the info I needed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've seen this on a few cars and quite like the look of it but often wondered about driving in the rain or spray, how bad does the back window get?
I've been testing this out actually... not used my rear-wiper for about 2 months now. So decided to just off with it! It is fine in rain, spray on motorways can sometimes be a pain but that's what you have wingmirrors for too. I plan to keep mine regularily washed and I've heard of something called "Rainex?"

·
Premium Member
23,686 Posts
RainX is perfect. I went to Cardiff and back and the whole car was disgusting and brown from dirt, rear window was dusty but could see out of it pretty well considering. Only really works mainly on the front windscreen. Get some good glass polish and you're laughing.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I use RainX and I don't use my wipers atall tbh, it's a really good product but i've only got it on the front as i've still got my rear wiper, don't really use it but it's nice to have.

·
Registered
390 Posts
RainX and then autoglym glass wax is a brilliant combo, put on a few coats of rainX then finish with wax. Looks good and practical in the rain

1 - 9 of 9 Posts