Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have recently bought a Corsa D and I'm loving it but having a bit of an issue atm. I want to install all my previous audio gear into it (alpine HU and JBL amp and 6x9's). The link below is of an ISO lead I have bought to keep everything functional with my new HU and needed to ask a few questions.

http://incartec.co.uk/Instructions/29-811 Vauxhall Corsa D Steering interface.pdf

1/ the green-handbrake cable, is this just a ground cable that can be wired to any bare metal?

2/ purple/white reverse 12+v cable, where does this need to go and what does it do? (My wild guess is its for a reversing camera? which I don't have a reverse camera)

3/ pink speed pulse cable, where does this need to go and what does it do? (my guess is for a GPS speed display, which I don't have or need)

I've tried looking around on google and these forums and can't really find anything.

Hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Cheers!!!

G

·
Would just tape them all up as they dont really need connecting. Did you follow the instructions that were sent with the harness

G

·
Would just tape them all up as they dont really need connecting. Did you follow the instructions that were sent with the harness
My fault only just looked at the link :lol:
Just tape them up buddy i havent connected them and i have the same harness

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I didn't think they were needed as I couldn't find what they connected to. Another thing, I also revived an aerial adapter lead, it has a blue connector and another small blue cable with a metal crimp on the end. I'm assuming the blue connector goes to the car's aerial but where does this other small blue cable go to? Sorry for all the questions, never done anything like this on newer cars before, so much more involved.
Cheers!!!

G

·
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I didn't think they were needed as I couldn't find what they connected to. Another thing, I also revived an aerial adapter lead, it has a blue connector and another small blue cable with a metal crimp on the end. I'm assuming the blue connector goes to the car's aerial but where does this other small blue cable go to? Sorry for all the questions, never done anything like this on newer cars before, so much more involved.
Cheers!!!
I havent done this bit either lol. Ima gonna have a look the weekend cause my steering wheel controls arent working. Are yours?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been getting it all ready to put in this weekend. I believe I have cracked it. Will find out tomorrow I guess. I'll take pics and let you know bud ;) Might ever put something together to help ppl in the future.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts