Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
thank you, I’m hoping that maybe the previous owner used water to fill it rather than coolant so it’s just burnt off. Off to Halfords tomorrow to buy some and monitor it, think they engine has been overheating but only eve so slightly so fingers crossed caught it early.
Sorry mate but water doesn't just "burn off" in a cooling system you need to do what i mentioned in posy #18 you need to find out if the coolant/water is leaking out from a pipe or water pump etc or is going into the engine (head gasket) or you will keep going round in circles trying to guess whats up with it.

I makes no odd what's in there water or coolant from a point of view of the coolant system working the only reason we use coolant is because it stops the system rusting and freezing in winter, this time of year use plain water until you have fouind the problem otherwise you are just throwing money down the drain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
thank you, I’m hoping that maybe the previous owner used water to fill it rather than coolant so it’s just burnt off. Off to Halfords tomorrow to buy some and monitor it, think they engine has been overheating but only eve so slightly so fingers crossed caught it early.
This engines run hot, and actually are at their most efficient when between around 80 - 105 temp. When the temp hits 105 the Fan should come on briefly then switch back off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sorry mate but water doesn't just "burn off" in a cooling system you need to do what i mentioned in posy #18 you need to find out if the coolant/water is leaking out from a pipe or water pump etc or is going into the engine (head gasket) or you will keep going round in circles trying to guess whats up with it.

I makes no odd what's in there water or coolant from a point of view of the coolant system working the only reason we use coolant is because it stops the system rusting and freezing in winter, this time of year use plain water until you have fouind the problem otherwise you are just throwing money down the drain.
Defo trying that thanks! Just didn’t get a chance earlier, going to have a look tomorrow when it’s forcast not to rain to try make it easier haha!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Defo trying that thanks! Just didn’t get a chance earlier, going to have a look tomorrow when it’s forcast not to rain to try make it easier haha!
So had it in garage today, no leaks found. So topped it up and will keep an eye on it but engine etc all fine. A every weird one! Thanks for all your help

21 - 25 of 25 Posts