Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all

Quick question.. I have a Corsa D (10 plate) & i believe it's up for it's first MOT this month. I was wondering, would it fail the test if the airbag light is showing on the dashboard?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know this is old, but happened to me. I think I must have turned the ignition on (although I'm so sure I didn't) when taking my hazard button out. Can it be reset through op-com?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Don't think so, think it has to be Tech2. Try a good local garage first, or bite the bullet and pay Vx.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
569 Posts
Mine has just started doing this for the second time. Happened originally just over a year ago, and got in me car at the weekend and just came on randomly. The ECUs in these cars are so poor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've got Op-Com and it can do airbags, also running Snap on Verus Pro which does it too. 100% will fail, did you say you've had any of it apart?
Hey buddy, yeah had it off to spray dash the other day. Could have sworn I never turned it on when it was out though.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Take the bulb out.
Remove your clocks , split them and cover the smd/ airbag light with black tape then rebuild,
Hopefully this may then look like it's not showing a fault,
May get you through the MOT but really needs sorting if it is a genuine fault,
Have you checked the plugs under your seats?
As on some D's if you run the seat fully back fast it can pull in the plug causing the airbag error on the dash ,

·
Premium Member
8,320 Posts
Remove your clocks , split them and cover the smd/ airbag light with black tape then rebuild,
Hopefully this may then look like it's not showing a fault,
May get you through the MOT but really needs sorting if it is a genuine fault,
Have you checked the plugs under your seats?
As on some D's if you run the seat fully back fast it can pull in the plug causing the airbag error on the dash ,
For an mot the light must illuminate and then extinguish so it would still fail it's just as easy to get it reset any decent diagnostic machine will do it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts