Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as title says, i'm thinking of amping my component kit. only thing is i haven't got a clue on amps, where i'd mount the amps in the car, which one id need, anyone able to shed some light on it for me please? much appreciated

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hi mate, what components do you have? Whats your budget for the amp? dont forget to include money for a wiring kit...

The amp can be mounted anywhere in the car to be honest, most people will opt to put the amp on the back seats.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got FLI component kit, I've already fitted these to my car, I'm not sure on a budget, kind of want to see whats on the market and a wiring kit i assume will be something you just have to buy regardless, I'm not 100% sure of all the details of my components like rms and that, i suppose that i would have to take them into consideration, and when you say put them on the back seats what do you mean on the back seats?

·
Registered
635 Posts
2 channel i believe means 2 speakers i.e left and right, if you had 4 channel you could do left and right and then bridge 2 channels for the sub, or you could do front left and right and rear left and right which would use all 4 channels, not sure what the processor does as im not that clued up my self.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
So does that say that if I only wanted to amp my components I'd only need a 2 channel?
Yes, if you get a sub at a later date you can just get a mono amp or sell your Two channel amp and get a 4 channel amp and bridge the sub

2 channel i believe means 2 speakers i.e left and right, if you had 4 channel you could do left and right and then bridge 2 channels for the sub, or you could do front left and right and rear left and right which would use all 4 channels, not sure what the processor does as im not that clued up my self.
In short the processor controls the system, tells each channel how much output and so on. Also allows you to disconnect your battery and not lose the settings :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh I see, thanks mate, would I have to check the details of my components before I go buying an amp, don't want to buy one that isn't going to work properly or not be good enough, the processor system does sound good. I can't see me getting a sub as I need boot space but I do also want to change my rear speakers so I'd probably be better getting a 4 channel, so I could do the front left, front right, rear left and rear right

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Ahh I see, thanks mate, would I have to check the details of my components before I go buying an amp, don't want to buy one that isn't going to work properly or not be good enough, the processor system does sound good. I can't see me getting a sub as I need boot space but I do also want to change my rear speakers so I'd probably be better getting a 4 channel, so I could do the front left, front right, rear left and rear right
Yes you need to know your RMS of you speakers and make sure the amp is more than that.
Tbh Fli are rather poor brand and i would personally upgrade them to something else but its up to you.
Yes you would need a 4 channel amp if you were also going to amp rears but it is rather pointless IMO
Processors are good but cost a bit and only need for a big system tbh

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right, il leave the processor out then. What brand would you reccomend upgrading to then? I'm not the best when it comes to sound systems, I know like Bose, and hertz are good but I know they're quite expensive

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Depends on your budget and how much power you want to run tbh mate.
TeamSPB is a distrubutor of car audio for top brands like Gladen, B2 and AA but i would look into Ground Zero as they pack a punch for the price tbh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts