Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if it's just me but when I travel from my home in Bedford to Sunderland, approximately 220 miles it takes me around 3 1/2 hours my back starts to really hurt!

Now I'm a very fit lad (Joining the Army) so it's definitely not down to my health and it doesn't happen in any other cars im in so does anybody else find this happens to them in their Corsas on long journeys.

I drive a Corsa D 1.2 16v Sxi 58.

·
Administrator
23,700 Posts
Only thing I can say is the seats or the ride? Been on plenty of long journeys in the other halfs SRi and my dads Limited Edition and both cars have been fine :)

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
Never had that issue myself and I've driven 6-7 hour journeys with only one or two short coffee stops a few times :lol:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I know that journey, doesn't so much give my bad back but leg ache. Maybe readjust your seat. it may feel comfortable but not very good for posture, and over a long period would cause you to have a back ache.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
never had an issue in the D drive an astra van and vivaro and have issues in those, can never get the seat just right :(

:hat:

·
Premium Member
15,455 Posts
Driven similar miles with no issue myself :shrug: did stop once or twice for a brew, and splash n dash tho :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
31,089 Posts
You might find one of those mesh type lumber supports useful mate, I don't have any issues myself but my missus does and purchased a couple just for both seats anyway and that seemed to do the trick ( link below)

We bought them from Poundland sometime ago, not sure if they still sell them or not.

http://www.poundland.co.uk/product-range/a-z/pro-driver-lumbar-support/

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
I have had this problem and I solved it by adjusting the steering wheel as I was stooping when driving. Since I did that I covered huge distances none stop. Southern Spain in 35 hours with a 5 hr kip and 3 rest stops

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've gotten a bad back every now and then when driving 2 hours+, fiddled with my chair lever which makes it lean back and forward (don't know what it's called) till I'm comfortable again - but only a temp solution

·
Registered
37 Posts
Had my Corsa for just under two weeks now. Much more comfy than my Vectra I had. Been on two long trips (500+ miles and 200 miles) and had no issues with comfort etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
well I probably had the longest trip in my corsa 1.4 , from Macedonia to northern Germany and back and drove
a total of 4800 km (3000 miles) in less than a week, and I have back spondylosis.
But the trip did not make my problem worse,the only time I dont like driving a corsa
is on bad roads , which are common in my country, the ride comfort could be better,
but the seats are really good and supportive.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I saw this thread a while back and I thought, naw not me. Well I've just driven 300 or so miles today and it played havoc with my back! I too have a 58 plate 1.2 16v SXi D. It was almost unbearable at times, only down one side (right) though.

I adjusted the steering wheel height, the seat height and reclined it slightly. The situation improved on the second leg of the journey after the adjustments. I'm curious as to what I could be doing wrong as I've never had this problem on the 1.3 CDTi Design D on the driveway next to mine!

:icon_confused:

·
Administrator
23,700 Posts
200 miles on Limited Edition seats are a killer. 200 miles in VXR seats are heaven.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Mine gave me a bad back for a while so use to driving a focus which was a lot softer on the road just keep playing with the seat postions till ur comftable.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
200 Posts
I drive like 60 odd miles nearly every day to Uni and back and it certainly isn't the most comfortable. The seats feel weird, even my mate and mum said the same when they drove my car. Definitely investing in some nice ones come September!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts