Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on her work as a owner/driver multi drop van courier?
Ive been offered the opportunity to do contract delivery work for TNT and the day rate is more than im earning now so am very tempted.
Ive been introduced to it via the delivery guy who delivers to the company i work for, who says while its hard work its good money (im not shy of hard work just my pay atm is rubbish for the hours i out in - i will end up working an hour more per day for upto £40 more per day )
Anyone else do this work and finds it good pay? (i know courier ins is expensive and GIT will be needed too as well as a lwb van)
Its a big change compared to what I do and as money needs to be spent upfront quite a risk. But if its worth it........

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't think it's all that it's made out to be. From your daily rate you need to deduct money for your van/diesel/insurance/tax and after those deductions is your daily rate worth it?

Bearing in mind you'll be 12hr shift sometimes more in the lead up to XMas etc.

Also being self employed you won't get holiday pay so if you fancy a week off you'll need to work twice as hard on the lead up to or just after your time off to make sure your bills are paid.

I would honestly consider every single aspect of the job. For instance you might need to set up as a company as well which might mean paying an accountant to keep on top of paperwork/SA Returns/VAT returns/Corporation Tax returns most of which require payments throughout the year.

I work in Debt Management for the Revenue so I see the other side which you won't. People forgetting to submit SA Returns and being fined upto £1200. VAT due to be paid every 3 months etc. It's a tough task especially if you've not came from a tax based background.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all. Having looked into it the finances and costs means my take home pay would actually be the same as what im on now but for working longer hours.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts