Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

501 - 520 of 640 Posts

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Small update, i have fitted my new hazard switch so thats all working as it should again :smile:

I have also stopped the knocking, it was the downpipe knocking on the subframe, a few mm higher and it would have been 100%.

Next to come is a snappy steering wheel re trim and my ultra's powdercoated a different colour, the graphite is a few shades too dark fo my liking.

Im unsure whether to go for a lairy colour or not.

I am still loving the car its a quick little bugger and the chatter and turbo noises are awesome, i am hopefully going up to clioturbo hq next week for an oil change and a general health check.

Tom.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #504 (Edited)
Hi, this is not really an update, but i am booked in with powerflow next saturday for a full system fitting up to the downpipe because since having the turbo fitted, my resonated milltek catback is way too quiet, the turbo has muffled a lot of the sound out. It had a lovely tone to it before, i just wish it still sounded the same because i would be sticking with it tbh and saving myself a few hundred quid.

So on Saturday i will be getting a new powerflow non res custom exhaust fitted up to the downpipe, i have decided to get it built up to the downpipe because the section i have on now from the middle section to the downpipe is knocking on the subframe which is annoying, so they are re designing it for me.

I know a lot of people dont rate powerflow, but i have had exhausts fitted their in the past with no problems, i really need a custom jobby now i have the turbo build to sit nice and sound nice.

Pics to follow soon.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #509
I had a Longlife Turbo back put on my SRi, sounds just as I wanted it, was such a reasonable price compared to off the shelf offerings.
Unfortunately now i have had a turbo conversion on my car, they dont do an off the shelf one so custom is the only way.

Its far too quiet now anyway, it pops and bangs already so i cant wait to hear it with a louder exhaust.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #510
I have just got back from powerflow and unfortunately they have had to keep my car in with them and it wont be done until Tuesday as they are busy.

There was a problem with some of the flanges and gaskets on my exhaust and they need to order parts in.

So im without a car again now until Tuesday, but at least it will be done properly.

The guy was great tbh, he didnt want to bodge it and send me on my way, he also gave me and my old system a lift home.

Top guys at Doncaster powerflow.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #511 (Edited)
Small update, i picked my car up from powerflow on Wednesday, the exhaust now clears the subframe easily and fits perfectly, sounds much better too, at least i have some noise :smile:

I dropped the car off with Andy at clioturbo.co.uk yesterday for an oil/filter change, and any small niggles sorting out.

Hopefully ill have the car back at the end of the week all running sweet as a nut 100% perfect, ill also get some pics and vids up after a clean :smile:

·
Premium Member
6,308 Posts
Small update, i picked my car up from powerflow on Wednesday, the exhaust now clears the subframe easily and fits perfectly, sounds much better too, at least i have some noise :smile:

I dropped the car off with Andy at clioturbo.co.uk yesterday for an oil/filter change, and any small niggles sorting out.

Hopefully ill have the car back at the end of the week all running sweet as a nut 100% perfect, ill also get some pics and vids up after a clean :smile:
Good stuff, lets hear it!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #514 (Edited)
Hi all, Andy has done the oil change and sorted the bits and bobs out i wanted sorting on the car, but he noticed that an oil pipe had been resting on the turbo/downpipe area since i had my exhaust done at powerflow.

I have been very lucky that i caught this in time, it could have been bad news..

So he is just waiting for the parts to sort this job out for me then i can collect the car, it should be at the weekend hopefully.

Thanks to [email protected] ClioTurbo for sorting me these issues out and making sure my car is 100% again :thumbsup:

·
Feature Car Organiser
6,377 Posts
Hi all, Andy has done the oil change and sorted the bits and bobs out i wanted sorting on the car, but he noticed that an oil pipe had been resting on the turbo/downpipe area since i had my exhaust done at powerflow.

I have been very lucky that i caught this in time, it could have been bad news..

So he is just waiting for the parts to sort this job out for me then i can collect the car, it should be at the weekend hopefully.

Thanks to [email protected] ClioTurbo for sorting me these issues out and making sure my car is 100% again :thumbsup:
Blood hell, you're lucky to of caught this!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #517 (Edited)
Spec Update...

ENGINE..

Adaptronic standalone ECU
Cast manifold
Turbo heat shield
Custom powerflow 2.5" turbo back exhaust + decat
Clioturbo custom downpipe
Pipercross open cone foam filter
Larger injectors
Universal intercooler + boost pipes
Ash silicone hoses in blue
Garrett gt2560r turbocharger
MAC 3 port boost solenoid
Megane 225 head gasket
Megane 225 lower compression pistons
Stainless battery cover
chrome strut top covers ([email protected])
New coolant tank
Inlet manifold painted in BMW sparkling graphite
Engine brackets powdercoated in silver
71k miles, cambelt kit, aux belt kit, new dephaser pulley, oil/filter, coolant, billet oil return kit, braided oil feed kit, fuel pressure and return kit, head bolts and big end bearings all just been done.

Built by Clioturbo.co.uk

Mapped by EFI Parts - 270BHP _ 248ftlb

TRANSMISSION..

Helix 4 plate paddle clutch
Fresh oil
Powerflex dogbone mount

HANDLING..

20mm front spacers ([email protected])
5mm rear spacers ([email protected])
Apex 40mm lowering springs
Standard cup shocks
16" OZ ultraleggeras finished in Ford graphite grey
195 45 r16 Uniroyal rainsport 3 tyres all round

Braking..

Mintex grooved and drilled discs all round
Mintex 1144 pads all round
ATE superblue racing fluid

INTERIOR..

Arctic blue dash strips, gear knob insert and steering wheel insert
LED interior light
Gloss black hard wearing custom thumb grips
Alloy footrest ([email protected])
OEM mats front and back
High/low boost switch (270hp high boost, 230hp low boost)
Cup packed renaultsport half leather seats

Exterior..

Cup packed 182 (cup splitter/spoiler)
Renaultsport 197 boot badge
Fresh plates/ smaller front plate to fit recess
Silver oem calipers
New oem upper and lower RS grilles
Brighter bulbs all round

Im sure i have missed bits off but heres the basic spec, ill be concentrating on braking, handling and the interior next.

Tom.

·
Super Moderator
4,015 Posts
This is turning out to be a rocket strapped on your back. Once you get the handling and braking sorted to match the power it'll be even better. Are you getting the LSD? What are your plans with respect to what you're concentrating on. How did you get the boost switch installed. Saves you some juice when taking it canny I'd say.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #519 (Edited)
This is turning out to be a rocket strapped on your back. Once you get the handling and braking sorted to match the power it'll be even better. Are you getting the LSD? What are your plans with respect to what you're concentrating on. How did you get the boost switch installed. Saves you some juice when taking it canny I'd say.
Hi mate, ill be looking at getting a lsd in the future once i have saved again, they are more expensive for the 182 than they are for the vxr :(

My plans are to either get new oem shocks and bushes and a full suspension refresh with eibach or cooksport springs, or go for some bilsteins or similar. Im not sure yet as i dont track the car really so i might opt for the suspension refresh.

I am also going to get my steering wheel refurbished from a lad called snappy on cliosport.net, something like this...

I also want some gauges fittng, boost oil temp etc.

I plan to have a really well equipped fast road car, which is also capable on track that i can also use as a daily.

Andy at clioturbo installed the boost switch mate it works off my 3 way boost controller iirc, its mad when you have it in low boost with your foot planted, then switch it in high boost still with the foot down, the spool, noise and speed all go crazy lol, its mint.

I do just plod along in low boost most the time until i have a little ride out every now and again for a spirited drive :)

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
I am picking the car up today between 3pm and 4pm.

If its nice tomorrow, ill give it a clean and get some pics up and a sound clip up if i can capture it decent enough through my camera.

I cant wait to go for a drive, ive really missed it!

501 - 520 of 640 Posts