Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
You get what you lay for mate, tbh get some off here mate enuff people do them and the quality is back by most of thermembere, Rizla sells them

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would pay the extra, especially for something like HID's. For example if you get some that glare too much you could end up paying at least £60 extra in fines. If you get some that aren't canbus safe they could just cut out or flicker which will give you a lot of problems. Really it's worth the extra, and I wouldn't trust ebay with something like these, but they're your lights and they might be ok, always gonna be a risk tho and possibly a waste of money

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I would pay the extra, especially for something like HID's. For example if you get some that glare too much you could end up paying at least £60 extra in fines. If you get some that aren't canbus safe they could just cut out or flicker which will give you a lot of problems. Really it's worth the extra, and I wouldn't trust ebay with something like these, but they're your lights and they might be ok, always gonna be a risk tho and possibly a waste of money
+1
pay more bro! youll get better quality ones, i got terminator kit from hids-drect and theyre siiiick. not fked up once, unlike other 2 sets i had before !

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
its not about the price lads its weather the kit will work right on your car without any problem,the kit you have shown is no good as its got no canbus cancelers with it,and its not canbus safe so you will get problems fitting this kit,you need a kit with cancellers or canbus safe"both do the same thing"

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
its not about the price lads its weather the kit will work right on your car without any problem,the kit you have shown is no good as its got no canbus cancelers with it,and its not canbus safe so you will get problems fitting this kit,you need a kit with cancellers or canbus safe"both do the same thing"
but surely the cheaper the kits the cheaper theyve been made, so always best to buy from a reputable seller such as rizla & hids direct for example

·
Registered
635 Posts
also do you not need headlight washers and self levelers for them to be legal on a car that didnt come with them at standard? :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
also do you not need headlight washers and self levelers for them to be legal on a car that didnt come with them at standard? :)

Your meant to have all the stuff for it to be legal, but my D got MOT'D last week and passed with them on but if your unsure about them don't get them

·
Registered
635 Posts
Im not getting them anyway, dont like having things not legal on the car, however if there was a way of getting them legal then i would do it

·
Registered
531 Posts
Depending on where you live police don't really care so much, as long as the glares not too much. Get some H7R's and you should be alright but yea depends on area cause there are areas where the police can be strict on them, but I'm sure you can find out where they're strict by searching on the forum :) tbh if you have quality HID's the police will be hard pressed to notice that your car doesn't have them standard seeing as the only time you "should" be using them is at night, in the dark lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts