Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know there is problems with the 1.7 engine. I am having no end of problems and at the min do not have my car as it was taken off the road by vauxhall on safety grounds.

The fault is now recognised by vauxhall so if anyone with a 1.7cdti is having problems particularly lack of power/ random stalling/ sudden power loss, Then there is an apparent fix coming.

For TIS release 07.5 there will be NEW software available this will supposedly fix the complete lack of low down power (not seen as a problem by vaux senior techs until he nearly wrote my car off pulling away from a junction) and it will supposedly fix the pi55 poor fuel economy.

There is also 2 specific trouble codes (i will get these when i get home)

So the advice i got from vaux HQ was to drive the car until mid july/august when the software would be realised. I fought with them until they sent an engineer over to drive the car. It was then decided the car was unsafe and taken off the road.

Now i am waiting on the new software to be sent to the garage on wed so we will see if it fixes the issues. I am so annoyed its unbelievable im paying for a car i have driven for 2months out of the 5 i have owned it and my compensation - A free tank of fuel. Never mind the fact im having to drive a 1.4 design 5 dr 60 miles a day to n from work averaging 23mpg (yes i drive the hole out of it)
So vauxhall F U C K YOU!

Sorry for the rant but thought everyone should know bout the new software. Will update what i think of it next week.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
so if this fix appears to rectify the fact that acceleration in 1st and 2nd is crap does that mean it'l make the car quicker on the whole, i.e. improve 0 - 60 time etc on a bog standard 1.7 cdti?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have ordered mine a few weeks ago and now am expecting it the 2nd week of july. does this mean to say im going to get the same issues that you have or will it me new enough to have this problem rectified already?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All ecu's are coming with the old software until the new software is released to dealers. They were originally hoping to send a brand new ECU over to me and then program it to my car, but apparently there are no spare ECUs available. Weather or not you have the same issues is hit or miss you mite then again you mite not.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i was really looking forward to getting my car but now i have my reservations due to all these problems that people are having. I just hope that vx are doing all they can to rectify these issues asap and not just fobbing people off. It would be nice to have them iron out the lack of power in the low revs, that would make this a healthy car

·
Registered
27 Posts
Had a chat with my dealer about this and he's saying that unless Vauxhall issue an actual recall for the 1.7's then they wouldn't know unless someone asked them to fix a car.

My issues aren't anywhere near as bad as Jonny but I am very unhappy about the appalling lack of acceleration when pulling out of junctions.....to the point of dangerous if someone's coming up fast!

Additionally I get occassional "pauses" in power in 2nd, only split seconds but I do kinda wonder why!

Mid range is very good, no complaints there but these little niggles plus the crap fuel economy are making me think all is not how it should be!

Seems like I'm going to have to leave it in the dealer so they can investigate the software upgrade Jonny speaks of. I'd be interested to know if you've had this yet Jonny and whether it's helped?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've had my 1.7 little over a week. From the start I noticed slight pauses in power, especially in 1st and 2nd. At first I thought it was my driving. But with my foot fully off the clutch, during aceleration it still occasionally paused for a split second. As though I'd took my foot off the gas. Worried, I rang my dealer who told me to give it a couple of week with it been a new car. If, after 2 week, it continues, they said ring them back. Plus, the acceleration in 1st is poor. Makes my driving at junctions and roundabouts particularly cautious. Not what I got the bigger engine for, to be cautious, that is!
Sounds like I'm not on my own. It's a minor thing. I love the car, how it looks and drives, once my acceleration is up. Still, not what I expect from a new car.

I'd appreciate updates from other 1.7 owners regarding what fixes, if any, they have had and what difference it made. It makes it an all lot easier to be able to refer to specifics when talking with dealers.

Thanks
Togeather we can beat this!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A wee update.

Car is STILL in the garage and hasnt been touched. Vaux have now turned round and said they dont know how to put the software onto my ECU without fookin everything else up. Im trying to get my money back but they are dragging there heels and looks like they are going to offer me a replacement but as the 1.7 SXi is discontinued its going to have to be an SRi.

In the mean time they are sending over a loan car from their own stock as the hire car is costing them a fortune. They are upgrading my hire car until the replacement arrives as well. So its bye bye 1.4 corsa D hello TDCI fiesta. :-| seriously unimpressed but i did manage to get all four wheels off the ground by hitting a mahoosive hump in a carpark at work at around 70mph! was a tigh landing!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still having issues. What I've noticed so far is that these split second stalls in power come at low speeds and are accompanied with 'clunk' sound. They happen during aceleration, usualy 1st and 2nd gears. The turbo lag's a bitc* but accompanied with these moments of 'power loss' it's worrying. I've decided to phone my dealer tomorrow and have things checked out because things are not as they ought to be.
I've read that all faults will be logged by the ECU but because they only last a split second they won't be logged and they don't happen every time so when i take it in for a examination I bet it won't do it. I'll keep updating as I hope all who experience the same problem will.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Evidence the problems...........

If you are thinking of getting the cars changed or refunds get all your evidence straight and in order so they have no argument. Pain in the buttt but keep a log of the fault time place temp of car and actual exact circs..
Its no good saying it has done it a couple of times and not explaining the facts. If anyone is out of pocket you could also take them to the small claims court (even as a group) to get p to £5000 back.
Its a pain i know but i had a 1999 GTE cutting out and it was crank sensor fault after 5 months of taking the vehicle back. I also drove V6 Vectra on advanced driving course and it cut out at 120mph overtaking. This car had done it 4 times previously. Vauxhall do have a number of problems but fight your corner. They replaced the V6 Vectra with a VXR.... If one of you do get the real fault sorted or get a new car this is admission by Vauxhall and they could not give one person nd not the other. good luck....

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have lots of evidence really helps when your father is the manager of the garage and EVERYONE is on your side. Got the MD to phone vaux HQ on thurs cause he was sick lookin at my car sitting outside and me complaining everyday. Also helps that everyone wants me to get a replacement motor! Evidence is not a problem. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think the problem I'm having is anywhere in the same league as Jonny's. I've had the car three week and it shouldn't be happening. When it does occur in 1st gear from acceleration it's almost like a learner driver when the car judders, almost as if it's going to stall as with poor clutch control. But I assure you it's not my driving. It happens in 2nd gear too but only for a split second and rarely.

I'm going on a hour run down the motorway tomorrow so I'll see if it does it then in the higher gears.

I've phoned my dealer up and the've told me to bring it down and take one of their mechanics for a spin in it to show him the problem but like I said it doesn't do it all the time! And you can bet it will be behaving itself when I do call down. Still, when it's having one of its bad days I'll call in.

My issue could turn out to be a problem with the clutch plate, who knows.

I love the car and the lack of power in 1st and 2nd is negotiable when working the gears hard. I just want the glitches ironed out and I'll be 100% satisfied.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The thing that bugs me is my car was declared unfit to drive and taken off the road but everyone else with the same trouble codes gets to drive there car because obviously they aint shouting loud enough about it. vauxhall suck ass.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts