Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

i would like to but in a one of a kind sub and amp but i dont really wanna drill any holes in the car so ...
are they any way of setting up a wiring kit with out drilling any holes ????

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
hi

yes ive just done it. remove your glove comparment then there is your fuse box
behind it from there you can run the cable along the passangers side door under the trim with out undoing anything then put in down the side of the back seat infront of the seatbelt . run your life (red) of the main cable in the fuse box wich is green and blue and the remote off your blue cable . when i get home tonigth i'll put some pic up if you whant them it only take 1 hour. to fit it fully.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts

her you are lad got it rong before put the remote wire to the thin purpal wire not the thick one and the live to the green and red. un do the battery before you do out
hope this help. good look :thumbs:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've just bout a D, get it in a few weeks time. Will introduce my slef in the newbies and say more about the car there.

First job I want to do is upgrade the ICE. I'm hoping to keep the standard headunit and run an amp using high level unputs, my question is as the speakers are in the side cards (i have the 3 door model) rather than at the side of the parcel shelf, how do I get the high level output to the amp?

Also, I thought you should always take the power from the battery and not from the fusebox. Is it safe to do it this way, because it looks a lot easier than going through the firewall out to the battery.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
run it to the front unit but i never use high level always low i dont not how uses high level it sound better in low but that up to you fella jus get 3mm speaker cable and run it don the side

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do Not Wire Your Amp Like The Picture Says

I own a car audio shop and if you want your car to go up in flames please be my guest and follow the wiring diagram if not and you like your car go to a specialest like Just Ice in Harlow they will put the cable in properly from about £35 and will be installed and will not validate your warrenty as we are qualified installers. www.just-ice.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
I own a car audio shop and if you want your car to go up in flames please be my guest and follow the wiring diagram if not and you like your car go to a specialest like Just Ice in Harlow they will put the cable in properly from about £35 and will be installed and will not validate your warrenty as we are qualified installers. www.just-ice.com
I was not convinced when I saw that picture, the power for your amp should be taken straight from the battery with a fuse as close to the battery as possible. Although it was a bit of a shameless plug, I agree with what Just ICE says.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
iv been to se another adio shop today and hes told me the same thing about the cable mine is now getting wiered up on saterday by a proffinal guy so please do not do what i have done. the guy that shown me how to do it was was surposs to be a pro so im so sorry if you have had this done you need to get it change.

·
Registered
128 Posts
can they do it with out going throw the firewall.
There's usualy an existing hole in the firewall that you can use.

What did the guy at the ICE shop say Lanni, how they gonna do it. They should put an inline fuse very close to the battery.

Sam

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have got an fuse in allready mate he said the same as just ice mate im going to right a post telling every one not to do the same as i have done not looking forward to doing it.
Did they tell you why you should not do it this way, cause I'm no expert on it, it's just everything I've read has said that the only safe was to do it is to take it from the battery.

·
Registered
216 Posts
there isnt any holes mate, iv ran mine straight from the battery, under the car, cable tied it to the brake cables nd into the existing channeling, avoiding the petrol tank, exhaust etc.. anythin that may get hot, then take it threw one of the bungs under the spare wheel into the boot!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts