Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my head uit in my hands and really need to know what connector it is that goes in the back so that i have aux inputs, and do u know what shop i can get it from? halfords etc wb asap! thanks

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
go to halfords mate and tell them that you are putting the sub to your vx standard head unit and they will be able to give you the right thing all they are is an AOX cable with only one end with connecters and on the other it look like speaker cable :doublethumbs: just tell them you wire it to the exsting speaker cable.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
So does the one end have aux connections, When i think of aux connections red & white plug connectors come to mind???, Then the other end is just bare speaker wiring which you attach to current speaker wiring???.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
go to halfords mate and tell them that you are putting the sub to your vx standard head unit and they will be able to give you the right thing all they are is an AOX cable with only one end with connecters and on the other it look like speaker cable :doublethumbs: just tell them you wire it to the exsting speaker cable.
ok i kinda understand, but i need a connector that goes straight into the pins in the back of the head unit and leaves 2 aux outputs dont i? as i want to wire the aux to the HU not onto the existing speaker cable

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
So does the one end have aux connections, When i think of aux connections red & white plug connectors come to mind???, Then the other end is just bare speaker wiring which you attach to current speaker wiring???.

you got it the the AUX from the sub goes onto that and the send that looks like speaker cable go on your the speaker cable. you do not tuch you HU
do you under stand

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you got it the the AUX from the sub goes onto that and the send that looks like speaker cable go on your the speaker cable. you do not tuch you HU
do you under stand
hmm ok so basically uv crimped or wrapped it round a bair part of the existing Speaker cable?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts

Im thinking of that type of wire but with the input side chopped off and the wire split and stripped then connected to existing wire. I think i am wrong haha, Really wrong:|

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Im thinking of that type of wire but with the input side chopped off and the wire split and stripped then connected to existing wire. I think i am wrong haha, Really wrong:|
I think its like that bt those white and red inputs need to be outputs and the other end bare?

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Well the other end can be stripped and seperated easily so they can be attached to existing wires. The outputs??, The ones where the above can be connected into ii?

am nee electrician haha, I studied mechanical engineering:)

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
So are you going to replace the one already on with the same one just connected up to new speakers/amp???

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
If lanni got off his lazy arse and showed you some pics you wouldnt be in this prediciment haha

1 - 20 of 46 Posts