Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2010 Corsa D 1.3 CDTI Engine Code Z13DTJ.

I had an issue before with the car going into "Limp Mode" with symtoms of spanner light and sluggish car, no fault codes other than the B1000-36 Replace Electronic Control Unit (ECU).
I had the ECU replaced and "Cloned" and cleaned our the scuttle tray to prevent water damage... For about a month no issues.... Untill this morning, the car was juddering at first with little to no power and on the crawl home the spanner light came on.

Plugged the car into OP-COM to see what came up and like 25 Fault Codes came up, A lot of B Codes and Some U Codes.

These are the Faults that came up.

I Cleared the Faults and only 2 remained.
The one i know about which is the steering controls and the other is B1000-36 Replace Electronic Control Unit (ECU).

Any Ideas on where the start, could it be a faulty BCM?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had the ECU replaced and "Cloned"
Did you get a warranty with the repaired ECU?

I was under the impression they don't need cloning as its the original ECU it just needs re-soldering, if its cloned surely its not the original.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you get a warranty with the repaired ECU?

I was under the impression they don't need cloning as its the original ECU it just needs re-soldering, if its cloned surely its not the original.
Hi,
He cloned the Info off my ECU to a reset ECU.

I've spoken to the lad that done the ECU, he said he can do another ECU under warranty but unless the problem is resolved it may keep coming back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, It was someone on eBay, i sent the ECU off.
Out of curiosity someone has told me as its a b1000 error it could be a faulty BCM and replacing the ECU (Engine Control Unit) wouldn't have corrected this issue.

Could this be my issue?
thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
i am not sure because i maintain a petrol driven corsa d for my daughter .These models dont have a problem with ECU.
Check this website out if you want the ECU tested again for faults.it's got good reviews.

·
Registered
288 Posts
you should not have used an unknown site on EBAY for a repair like this and i thought the ECU controls the bcm also anyway.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you should not have used an unknown site on EBAY for a repair like this and i thought the ECU controls the bcm also anyway.
TTT

If BCM reports B1000 why was the engine ecu replaced?

And for the other codes, seems this car suffers from network storms. Which module causes that, hard to tell, could be as simple as a bad connection.

pc94

When you put it like that it makes me look like a right idiot lol
I assumed the ECU was faulty and had it repaired, are you saying i should have replaced the BCM and got it programmed to my car? Many thanks

TTT

Usually B1000 is bad and in 99% of the cases indeed the module must be replaced. But to replace the washing machine because the dryer is faulty, I can’t really get the thought process.
Anyhow, after checking power and grounds at the BCM, that would be my next step. Replacing BCM is special work, it is not plug & play.

·
Registered
288 Posts
what i was getting at was that when it comes to important repairs like this you have to use a reputed company with good 5 star reviews
especially if u do not know the company

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what i was getting at was that when it comes to important repairs like this you have to use a reputed company with good 5 star reviews
especially if u do not know the company
He had 100% positive feedback, 5000+ feedback? ECU worked fine for a month no issuses. If its a problem im having with the BCM then why would it have anything to do with the repair of my ECU. Before i had the ECU repaired the car was in limp mode, even though im getting this fault the car is not in limp mode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts