Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Battery drain

9K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  everson38 
#1 ·
Will my opcom be able to tell me what is draining my battery, I'm not really clued up with it, I have only used it to find fault codes when my EML came on, just hoping that someone has had similar problem, the battery will last 2 days 3 at a push but because the car doesn't actually get drove a lot, I am sick charging the battery every couple of days TIA

#11 ·
If you are unable to do a parasitic draw test u can remove both battery terminals and leave the battery in the car for few days and check the resting voltage.obviously u have to get voltage reading before u disconnect the terminals to check any significant voltage drop.if there is a fairly big drop after just a few days means the battery is faulty !

#17 ·
Yeah it was the actual battery it wouldn't hold charge in the car but to this day its still showing 12.44 but I put it in the car and it lasts 2 days[emoji1787][emoji1787]
Ok so assume you bought another battery and that one is working fine. There should be warranty on that battery ifs new you maybe able to get money back, just because it's new doesn't means it's good as they say [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

#18 ·
So, I had a car in stock which was doing this, after research I found on you tube a video which solved my fault. It ended up being the battery terminal. In the video he had it on the positive, we found the negative terminal red hot to touch and it was charging at 13.2v. We cut the earth lead shorter and exposed fresh copper for the crimp. Fixed. Now the car charges at 14.1, connections cool and no battery drain. Better than that no new body control module or complicated work and a very happy customer.

video link

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.