Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 08 Corsa-D 1.2, upon starting the car i noticed that its a very weak ignition and the battery light is on instantly. I checked the voltage readings and when the car is off the battery is at 12.6v perfect. When the car is on with heaters and lights on, the reading drops to 11.3 and then bounces around 9.9-11.3. To me that means my alternator is gone. But the weak start gives me doubts about the battery. Anyone had any similar issues is it just my alternator is the battery also starting to fail.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
728 Posts
Yeah it’s a double whammy I’m afraid, a decent battery from somewhere like euro car parts should get you out of the sticky if money is tight till next payday but you will need a new alternator too unless you want to risk a eBay special but that could be a 🍋

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
728 Posts
Found these prices on euro car parts based on a 12 reg 1.2, yours won’t be far off these prices and alternator is an exchange item

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thanks all for the replies. Will have to take it to a garage soon
You could save yourself abit of money if your willing to charge your current battery and pop it back in the car, if changing the alternator is too much of a job have them do that, but then save on changing your battery, as anyone can do that job. Also if.looking out for batteries the company Tayna can be cheaper , they have there online store and eBay store so double check where is cheaper. But euro car parts can be cheaper also but remember to look at car parts 4 less as this company is euro car parts exactly!,. The pro is you usually get the part you want for cheaper compared to ECP but the downside is it's online so if you need to return you have.tonwait longer for a refund compared to a store, but it is free returns usually.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
hi if you need to buy a battery go for TAYNA batteries as suggested.their prices are competitive and good quality fully charged batteries.
delivery is quick and well packaged. i bought 2 batteries last year and v happy with service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts