Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had an accident a few month back which left my car off the road I’ve got round to fixing it and tried charging the battery.
Left it for abit then tried to start it and all the lights in the dash went out
Please someone help I had this car a week before I crashed and been off road since

·
Registered
396 Posts
How old is the battery? Charging it may not be good enough if it is just too old. If you can get ti a halford you can have them test the battery to see if its good,

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car it’s self is a 14 plate
After trying to charge it again nothing will come on

·
Registered
396 Posts
Car it’s self is a 14 plate
After trying to charge it again nothing will come on
I meant how old is the battery. Is it the original one? As it coukd be a terribly worn battery. Have you checked the connections are good? In the sense no damage at the battery terminal posts or along the wires?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Unless the prang has upset something and it’s kicked a safety feature in. If it’s getting 12-13 volts at the starter then the battery should be fine. I wouldn’t expect a 6 ish year old battery to be past it just yet, I ran a 97 v6 vectra on a standard battery for 11 years before that stopped being reliable, so I’d be checking if there’s power to starter. I’m guessing the headlights come on when you turn them on without it being started, if they’re bright the battery is good, dim and it’s not good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts