Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Basically somehow have got a lot of scratches on the bonnet of my car, all sorts some just straight some look more like scrapes, but its a brand new car kept on the drive, only real way i can see its happening is if its the dogs jumping up on the car (have 2 big ones - leonberger and newfoundland). But anyways, there not deep you can't feel them. But there ****ing me off!! I want my car looking pristine! Especially as it is brand new!

Best method you think? I've heard of T-Cut but i'm not really up for the idea of removing a layer of paint? Or is this literally the best option?

Let me know guys,

Cheers

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've had a look, your method requires you put the paint on first? Where am I going to get the Carbon Flash colour of the Black Edition? :/ also it's using T-Cut :/ is that one you have out a later if paint on first, cos I'm heard T-Cut takes away a layer of paint and with scratches being all over my bonnet I'd have to cover my whole bonnet in T-Cut otherwise you could tell where it had worn the paint off surely? And even then it's brand new car, do I really want to be taking layers of paint off?

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
I've had a look, your method requires you put the paint on first? Where am I going to get the Carbon Flash colour of the Black Edition? :/ also it's using T-Cut :/ is that one you have out a later if paint on first, cos I'm heard T-Cut takes away a layer of paint and with scratches being all over my bonnet I'd have to cover my whole bonnet in T-Cut otherwise you could tell where it had worn the paint off surely? And even then it's brand new car, do I really want to be taking layers of paint off?
Vauxhall

·
Registered
222 Posts
Cats mate, I've found a few on mine all down my tinted rear window aswel next door had a new cat and you can see where it's jumped up... That's why I'm keeping my new le in the garage!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really? It seems I have no new ones on bonnet. But came home from work 2 days ago and there is a small one on the door, deep enough for me to feel it!! That's why I asked how do you know when too deep!? I wish I had a garage! Lol :/

·
Registered
503 Posts
I've heard T cut doesn't literally take away a layer of paint as far as I was aware what it does it take paint from around the scratch and as you rub it in it blends it or something like that its ok to use though...but I once used a JML scratch remover pen thing it was on TV ages ago got it from Wilkinson for like 15 quid, I used it on the girlfriends old car that had scratches all down one side from a bush near her house it worked wonders, I don't how deep your scratches are but if you cant feel them then they cant be that deep and it should work...!! Hope that helps a little :hmmm:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts