Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently got a 1.2 Corsa D Design but i'm getting a bit bored of its sluggishness and since I get my 1yr NCB soon i'm looking for an upgrade. Maybe something with a bit more power since my insurance has gone down a lot, renewal for my 1.2 dropped from £2350 which I paid this year to just £700, been quoted £1500 for a corsa VXR. What does everyone think, best car with a bit more power but not crazy due to insurance?

Budget: £6000ish

·
Premier Member
11,681 Posts
Might be an idea to refine the search somewhat? :lol:

What style of car? What power range? What budget? Have you any badge stigma? How new? The list goes on.

With the info provided so far all I can say is either the Dacia Sandero or new Range Rover are good shouts. :thumbs: ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
I went from a 1.2 corsa and now drive a Focus ST and really cant fault it, as long as you are prepared to pay the 270 pound tax bill and are good at opening the fuel filler cap you will be fine, when you read that they do about 22 mpg it dosent sound to bad but its one thing that I miss from the corsa, the fact I filled it up and it lasted nearly 2 weeks, now im lucky if I get 5 days :\

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha **** just realised how open I left this question, budget is £6kish and i'm not too fussed about age, anything newer than 2007 is good. In terms of power, I cant go crazy due to insurance but anything similar to the vxr, around a 1.6-1.8l engine.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Clio 197. Much cheaper to insure than a corsa vxr even though the engines larger. Although it's a lot to tax, takes a lot of petrol (22mpg) and don't expect it to be extremely reliable.

Ridiculously good fun to drive though, will always put a smile on your face!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Clio 197. Much cheaper to insure than a corsa vxr even though the engines larger. Although it's a lot to tax, takes a lot of petrol (22mpg) and don't expect it to be extremely reliable.

There's an option I forgot to consider, whats the tax on yours?

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Ouch, could probably stretch to that, the only thing I don't like about them is the interior, but i guess that's a small price to pay for how rapid they are
If you get one with the recaros that more than makes up for the dash. And tbh the interiors not bad, plenty of buttons to play with. Starter button and keyless is quality

·
Registered
375 Posts

I was struggling to choose between one of these or my focus, couldnt resist the call of a turbo tho ahaha

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
I was struggling to choose between one of these or my focus, couldnt resist the call of a turbo tho ahaha
The 7,500rpm red line in the clio is loads of fun, nowhere near as much tuning potential as a turbo though.

Focus ST is another level mind, insurers would laugh at me if I wanted one of those at my age :lol:

·
Registered
375 Posts
The 7,500rpm red line in the clio is loads of fun, nowhere near as much tuning potential as a turbo though.

Focus ST is another level mind, insurers would laugh at me if I wanted one of those at my age :lol:
Yeah the list of mods there is for the focus engine is crazy, if you have deep pockets then there is no stopping you, im 19 and managed to get insured on the ST for 1600 which I was chuffed with so I just went for it, Im currently in the middle of buying a Scorpion exhaust system with de-cat for it, cant wait for some flames!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts