Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently upgraded my small interior light to a big oem interior light.

I wired everything up according to a wire diagramm found on the internet.

Now Im missing one cable, the lamp turns on as I open my door but the small reading lamps have no function.
They are not defect or anything, cant turn the big lamp on while driving aswell

Connected the Red,Yellow and White Cables(Lamp side)

Hope someone can help me with this since this is the last part to my interior beeing finished.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just retrofitted them too, you should have 4 wires to connect:

Ground (black)(-)
Positive (grey/white)(+)
Dimmer (grey)(-)
Switched live (yellow)(+)

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just retrofitted them too, you should have 4 wires to connect:

Ground (black)(-)
Positive (grey/white)(+)
Dimmer (grey)(-)
Switched live (yellow)(+)

Hope this helps
Hey, thanks for your reply.
Did you have all of those 4 cables in the roofliner?

My Corsa only had these cables in the headliner:
Ground
Positive
Dimmer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry for late reply,
No I also only had the three you have, the switched live I had to tap from the cigarette lighter. However, I didn't do that in the first place and it all worked, except that I can't operate the lights at all when the cars off. When it's on everything works. I think the switched is for the illumination of the buttons.

Also what I'm guessing here is that you connected them straight to the unit? Not through the connector? (see picture below)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry for late reply,
No I also only had the three you have, the switched live I had to tap from the cigarette lighter. However, I didn't do that in the first place and it all worked, except that I can't operate the lights at all when the cars off. When it's on everything works. I think the switched is for the illumination of the buttons.

Also what I'm guessing here is that you connected them straight to the unit? Not through the connector? (see picture below)

No worries!

So you went from the cig lighter (red cable) to the yellow one (lamp) right?
Just a straight wire or did you add any extra fuses?

Yes like you said I've snapped the cables of the connector and connected them directly to the unit.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
If you need a switched live why not take it from the back of the radio, put a inline fuse in just to be safe then you won’t overload the lighter socket fuse. Just a thought from an old fart that should know better!

·
Registered
3 Posts
No worries!

So you went from the cig lighter (red cable) to the yellow one (lamp) right?
Just a straight wire or did you add any extra fuses?

Yes like you said I've snapped the cables of the connector and connected them directly to the unit.
I don't quite remember tbh, lol, I took the one from the illumination ring, as it's just for illuminating the buttons, so no inline fuse.

If I were you I'd follow the copper paths on the unit, maybe that will help you identify the correct wires.

@SxiDave, I don't believe D's have a switched on the radio? thought they are canbus controlled?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts