Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Got myself a BE recently. which i'll be soon getting myself onto a Progress Thread, but being my first car i'm not fully knowledgable on all these things.......yet hopefully. So as the title says looking at getting something put into the engine, hopefully something that can make it sound a little more manly ;) haha.

Been looking at Pipercross cones, K&N Panel Filters etc.

Open to suggestions, let me know guys.

·
Registered
310 Posts
panel filters will hardly give you any sound if any, but will help improve mpg and think it'd help with turbo lag etc!
if its a manly grunt/drone your after a cone is the way to go mate :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
yeah mate, i only have the 1.2, but i had a cone on for 2 days, it annoyed me low revs sound terrible, giving it some sounded like a massive roar though!

imo id go panel filter :) improve drivability keep oem look! i have the ITG panel filter, but KN is just as good!!

also if you ever wanted to try a cone, just get a cheap universal one from ebay if curious for future they do the same thing :)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Ashleyy so you'd recommend for time being throwing a Panel Filter in n that's good idea bout just getting a cheap one to see how it sounds may do that in future or something. I'll have a look around at K&N or ITG, is it simple fit? just take box off, take filter out, fit new filter, put box back on? or leave off?

·
Registered
310 Posts
easy job!
like 4 torx bolts to take off.
remove top of airbox.
filter out
new one in
put the top back on tighten up and done :) 5 mins max

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok great stuff defo sounds easy job :) cheers guys, in future then when thinking of remap etc. is it best then to look at getting cone filter/induction kit or still good to stick with panel filter? and look at upgraded exhaust system?

I know remaps link with some other things on the car e.g. the exhaust system, intercooler etc. but i don't know the exact ins and outs like i've said, bit of a mod newbie, but want to learn it all so i know for future.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea i've seen that nothing out yet for BE not even cold air feed pipes etc. Because i would like to dress my engine, get upgraded piping but nothing out! -.- lol.

Yea i'll have to do that, just don't want to look like an idiot going to a tuner and saying tell me EVERYTHING! lol. Would rather learn as much as can on here first

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Yea i've seen that nothing out yet for BE not even cold air feed pipes etc. Because i would like to dress my engine, get upgraded piping but nothing out! -.- lol.

Yea i'll have to do that, just don't want to look like an idiot going to a tuner and saying tell me EVERYTHING! lol. Would rather learn as much as can on here first
Well theyre the experts. Regardless of your knowledge theyre the people to speak to.

·
Best Corsa 2013 Feature Car
2,286 Posts
Get a cone should sound decent with the turbo mate. Will sound totally different to what Ashleyy is saying as his is a NA engine

·
Best Corsa 2013 Feature Car
2,286 Posts

Pipercross 200x200 cone. Gnj Motorsport

1 - 20 of 37 Posts