Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on her who gives blood? I gave my 1st 470ml yesterday :dance:

If you dont then why :nono:

·
Registered
518 Posts
How long did it take to give that much blood? You sitting there for a while? They make you stay back afterwards until you are sound enough to drive home right?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How long did it take to give that much blood? You sitting there for a while? They make you stay back afterwards until you are sound enough to drive home right?
They give you a questionaire with lots of personal questions that are grapic-ish and you must answer them honestly. They sit you down and you wait for your name to be called out. When it is they prick your middle finger and test your blood for IRON content (basically they put a drop of your blood in a solution and if the blood sinks your blood is high in iron). You wait again for your name to be called out and when it is they put you on this camp bed and put a needle in your arm (bit more detail than that but cant be ar8ed to discribe) which drains your blood for around 10 mins giving 470ml. Some people feel ok when they've given blood (like i did, cos im hard haha!) And others can feel dizzy (my mate fainted haha!) When your done you get Tea/Coffee and some custard creams, and you actually feel proud:yippe:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've been giving now since I was 17, fainted first time out, but didn't deter me as I have a rareish blood type (B+) so was advised to give.

It now takes up about 2 hours of my life on a Sunday every 3 months and it saves lives every time I do it.

If you don't give blood you should, it's very rewarding.

·
Registered
798 Posts
i got no idea what blood group i am,, reason why i dnt give blood is cause the only phobia i have that i know of is blood and needles makes me dizzy see in it,, why i cant stand getting blood test lol

·
PVS10 Feature Car
3,263 Posts
just to say i would love to give blood but last time i checked i am unable to because of being gay. if i am wrong and things have changed let me know i would help then!
i had a complete blood transfusion when i was born if it wasnt for the doners then i would not be alive now.

·
Registered
274 Posts
generally try to give every 6months or so! I don't really like the feeling so try to do it as fast as possible by putting force in the wrist. Personal best was 3min 52sec for a pint. not too bad :D

·
Registered
690 Posts
I am in the same boat as XxDayWalkerxX on this, I would love to give blood but needles and me don't get on!

Chris_sri what's baking??

1 - 20 of 22 Posts