Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felicity had made the decision to have her black corsa bluefin'd so Friday it made its way up to Superchips in Buckingham for some comparison dyno runs/final development work & Jamie and his team to do what they do best. Even though the drive back down to London was a washout the difference is very noticable from just pulling away, 1st & 2nd has a nice kickback but i must add next to no torquesteer. Jumping on the throttle will induce some wheel spin in the 2 lower gears and the tc kicking in but its easily manageable and can get its power down well, just right i would consider it.
Now torque is where its all at and an increase from manufacturers stats of 230nm/170lb/ft (260nm on over boost) the not so little corsa recorded 303nm/224lb/ft, and it sure can shift at high speeds and is superb at overtaking, bhp was recorded @ 223 with an intake temp of 67 deg c
It appears based on the dyno runs that the standard injecters have pretty much maxed out so it may be an upgrade at a later stage to consider, but i doubt this little 1.6 is going to see any huge power gains without some internal engine work! But still, just a software upgrade and the corsa being 200kg lighter than a standard astra VXR, it sure is going to give it a run for its money and scare a few of its owners you may face at a traffic light grand prix, damn i think this thing is going to do the same to a few CTR's, ST's and GTI's
add some twistys & sweeping bends into the equation and the standard astra VXR might just be seeing the rear of the little corsa

Next to follow an ITG foam pannel filter spec'd for the corsa's airbox to trial next week, if its anything like the one just made for the astra then some more improvements may be seen.

The same bluefin and software is available now from Thorney Motorsport in Milton Keynes, well worth investment if you wont to get just a bit more out of the corsa. The bluefin unit has the same benfit as what those with the astra VXR are already experiencing, the easy to use simplicity enabling you to change back & forth between standard and the upgraded software plus the diagnostic tool built into the unit, all which can be done on your front driveway at the touch of a few buttons without having to make your way to the tuner, but again you can if you so do choose to have the same work carried out by the tuner and still have the bluefin unit, handy when taking your VXR to the dealers for any service/warrenty work and not have to worry about the techs reflashing the ecu and wiping your upgrade software.
Any maps upgrades, you will be notified by text/email, connect your unit to your computer and download, straight forward really and all technical support is available from SC & TMS.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in english :lol:

has flik driven it anymore in the dry shane?
she took it out yesterday afternoon for a run and it pelted down :lol:
so not much of a play really, she left later this arvo to drive up to Liecester to some health retreat for some work/course so im waiting to hear from her and what she thinks, she doesnt hold back if she aint happy with something :lol:

·
Registered
989 Posts
stunning but too fast for my liking
im not brave enough to drive past 90bhp yet ha ha
so in 5 years i might have a bigger engined car! we shall see

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just had a call TJ and she is well impressed, very torquey was her words, plenty of power in 6th when sitting on the motorway and her fuel economy was averaging 39mpg when cruising at 78mph, she says it has some of that aggressiveness we feel in our stage 3 astra, so its a positive response and she is glad she has had it done.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
good stuff i am thinking of getting mine done :D just stage one to start like flik, cos like you i think internals wont take anymore without some modifications

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
yeh stage 1 introductory offer of £550 normal its £650 includes any upgrade map in future in that price too.

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
The easiest option is to ring and talk to John Thorne he'll explain everything mate

Tel: 01908 238 798

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
latest, had the astra in wth ITG ( make induction systems for Renault F1 team and a few BTTC teams) a few weeks back to look at the system on there and with the carbon fibre system they couldnt better 300bhp that the current airbox is running so instead they looked at the air pressure being created in the box with a normal size filter, they then came up with a foam filter which is much smaller in depth and found it dcreased the pressure in the box considerably and allowed the movement of more air, running it in my astra it has made a nice improvement again in all gears across the rev range. So following this we thought we would have a go with the corsa running the same principal so a hand made job was done and we fitted it last night and reflashed the ecu to allow all the perimaters to adjust to the increase in air flow, well if you like induction noise this has increase with the raised boost pressure from the bluefin and acceleration is followed by a wooshing or an induction roar that can be clearly heard in the cabin followed by an audible whistle, has made a nice improvement but havent had a real chance for the ecu to relearn the new values following the reflash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts