Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife’s 5 Door 2012 corsa boot would not open and could not hear or feel the microswitch clicking so I ordered a new replacement handle including a new micro switch. however I have just replaced the old part with the new part but this still does not open the boot. The strange thing is that when I remove the two pin plug and connected an earth wire to one of the pins this activates the opening of the boot. Not sure what could be wrong, anyone had a similar problem?

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
you probably already know this but itll be helpful for members that don't, you can unlock the tailgate from inside, you dont need to loosen the trim or use a screwdriver your finger will fit into the gap easily.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you probably already know this but itll be helpful for members that don't, you can unlock the tailgate from inside, you dont need to loosen the trim or use a screwdriver your finger will fit into the gap easily.

Yes thanks I had to do that first of all to get the inside trim off the boot door so that I could access the nuts to remove what I thought was the faulty micro switch. Does anyone know if there should be power coming to both of the two pin terminal. Also is there anyway I could test the new micro switch (in case it is faulty too) ? Appreciate any help as I am a bit stumped

1 - 6 of 6 Posts