Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, just all of a sudden, push the button in, no sound and wont budge (just like when its locked)

Changed fuse but still nothin.

Any ideas apart from taking it to VX?

(yes I did unlock it :lol:)

·
Registered
247 Posts
climb in the back of car, lower the seats and look for a little plastic looking switch on the locking mechanism and press it, the boot opens.

wont help you for later, but it may free it, if not a trip to VX is needed.

ps, I take it you pressed your key more than once :p

IF its a fuse check both of these:

Glovebox fusebox listing:
6 - 15A - Unlocking the luggage compartment
7 - 20A - Central locking system

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
climb in the back of car, lower the seats and look for a little plastic looking switch on the locking mechanism and press it, the boot opens.

wont help you for later, but it may free it, if not a trip to VX is needed.

ps, I take it you pressed your key more than once :p

IF its a fuse check both of these:

Glovebox fusebox listing:
6 - 15A - Unlocking the luggage compartment
7 - 20A - Central locking system
will look for that then cheers :thumbs:

yes i did press it many times lol, and yup changed both they fuses and still nothing :|

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
If you can actually get the boot open in some way, remove the plastic trim (think its just 2 T20 screws) as the switch may have disconnected from the loom.

if it turns out you need a new electro-button let me know as i've got one if you need one :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can actually get the boot open in some way, remove the plastic trim (think its just 2 T20 screws) as the switch may have disconnected from the loom.

if it turns out you need a new electro-button let me know as i've got one if you need one :)
will do cheers :)

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sorry to drag up and old thread,
I've just had this happen to me on my corsa d club. I see you've mentioned which fuses could possibly be at fault, but I've not got a diagram of which fuse is which in the fuse box. If it's not the fuse, where's this switch you mention, I can't see one. A pic would help please

EDIT
Haha,
found the switch and managed to open my boot. Now I can open my boot manually, I'll start the process of sorting the problem tomorrow. Could do with a pic of which fuses to check please. Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry to drag up and old thread,
I've just had this happen to me on my corsa d club. I see you've mentioned which fuses could possibly be at fault, but I've not got a diagram of which fuse is which in the fuse box. If it's not the fuse, where's this switch you mention, I can't see one. A pic would help please

EDIT
Haha,
found the switch and managed to open my boot. Now I can open my boot manually, I'll start the process of sorting the problem tomorrow. Could do with a pic of which fuses to check please. Thanks
Hey Ez just seeing how you go on with this. As a mate is having same problem?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, You need to remove the rear handle and then take out the micro switch which is in the handle. I got another switch from a car breakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, You need to remove the rear handle and then take out the micro switch which is in the handle. I got another switch from a car breakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cheers thanks a lot mate

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cheers thanks a lot mate

Hi Guys,

Having the same issue, managed to get the boot open Manually and have access to the mechanisms - beyond breakers yards do you know anywhere I can get the switch and lock mechanism so I can replace? From experience do I need to just replace the electro button and cables? or the whole locking mechanism?

Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts