Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Vauxhall Corsa SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be changing the brake pads on my vauxhall corsa d for the first time myself and saw that you need a brake calliper rewind tool, does anyone have a recommendation as I've seen that they come in different sizes so want to make sure I get the correct one. I've seen Halfords, Euro Car Parts and Amazon have a bunch but if someone can provide me a link to the correct one it'll be appreciated.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I will be changing the brake pads on my vauxhall corsa d for the first time myself and saw that you need a brake calliper rewind tool, does anyone have a recommendation as I've seen that they come in different sizes so want to make sure I get the correct one. I've seen Halfords, Euro Car Parts and Amazon have a bunch but if someone can provide me a link to the correct one it'll be appreciated.
I've done a few Corsa D brake jobs but never needed a rewind tool, they were all petrol models. But you can buy.one to he safe and return if not needed. But just get one.from.ebay that has a.left and right rewind kit, should be about £20-£25

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does your Corsa have rear disks?
If not you don't need one because the front pads just push back.
If you do have rear disks it is cheap enough to buy one of the kits on eBay that come with multiple adapters for a range of cars. They can also be used to push the front pads back too.

·
Registered
2013 Vauxhall Corsa SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does your Corsa have rear disks?
If not you don't need one because the front pads just push back.
If you do have rear disks it is cheap enough to buy one of the kits on eBay that come with multiple adapters for a range of cars. They can also be used to push the front pads back too.
mine don't have rear disk, I was watching a video and it stated you needed the tool so just assumed it was needed but thanks for the info really appreciate it

·
Registered
2013 Vauxhall Corsa SE
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've done a few Corsa D brake jobs but never needed a rewind tool, they were all petrol models. But you can buy.one to he safe and return if not needed. But just get one.from.ebay that has a.left and right rewind kit, should be about £20-£25

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, will do without the tool and hope for the best 😅

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
1,404 Posts
A way I have found of pushing them back is take the reservoir cap off then ease the pads back from the disc with a screwdriver, flat blade one obviously and then use a tyre lever or the like and ease it all the way back, it’s a bit basic but it gets the job done

·
Registered
360 Posts
Leave the old shoes in and gently pry them apart with a lever or big screwdriver, i have changed loads of pads in my time and i have never had a rewind tool.
A way I have found of pushing them back is take the reservoir cap off then ease the pads back from the disc with a screwdriver, flat blade one obviously and then use a tyre lever or the like and ease it all the way back, it’s a bit basic but it gets the job done
This is the method i have always used i had never heard of a rewind tool until i read this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts