Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 corsa vxr racing
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So say if I'm progressively braking get close to stopping the car kinda bunny hops/lurches , like the abs kicking in but i get no lights on dash ?

happens with the abs turned on or off

Around Christmas time i jumped in the car after work one day and the abs light was on all the way home , next day it was off and never saw it again

new Calipers all around
New brake hoses all around
New discs and pads all around

Also had the brake fluid changed and bled at Vauxhall Stealer

now im kinda stuck ? Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or read about a similar problem

thanks,ken

·
Registered
2010 corsa vxr racing
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ll pay whatever it costs Bloody cars stripped me naked already ive only got me pants left

vauxhall dealer were not interested in doing any computer diagnostics or viewing live data because there is no light showing on dash ?

and did not suggest checking the abs pump which i assume would be done by plugging it in ?
They want £140 to run a diagnostic

Im sick of talking to them to be honest i cant even talk to a tech , stuck with lucy the receptionist who clearly knows nothing about cars or mechanics

im taking the car to a local garage in a couple of weeks just hoping someone might have had similar/same problem

·
Registered
2010 corsa vxr racing
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update for anyone reading this far into the future

i had never experienced brake judder in all my time driving owning around 20 different cars so this was something new to me

lots of suggestions had been thrown at me and after spending an exhausting amount of time travelling the internet searching high and low crossing mountain paths like a cut scene from lord of the rings

i found a Jaguar forum where some 20 plus poor guys Were all discussing there brake judder problem over some 15 page thread

some guys Had replaced pads and dics multiple times only temporarily curing it But always coming back and basically all of them using brembo parts

there are lots of people with not great stuff to say about bembo If you google “ brembo brake problem” i wont be touching anything brembo ever again

basically some of the guys suggested doing a series of hard braking 60-20 Without actually ever coming to a stop and repeating this over an over to get some brake fade and smell so you know they are hot then immediately taking the car for a 30min drive avoiding the brakes as much as possible. A bit like bedding in the brakes but a second time

So i went out and found my piece of deserted dual carriageway And did this which was not only fun but cured my brake judder for over a week now and hopefully it wont come back

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Glad it seems you got it sorted, annoying when problems like this arise as can belmost Impossible to diagnose. An honest decent brake brand I find is Pagid by euro. I can't fault them and have done alot of brake jobs. Do keep us posted if it comes back and update as we go along, definitely going to stay away from brembo and to say your brand auto associates them with quality.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.