Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
regal told me that remaps and low octane fuel do not go together....

my current mods are flowmaster and piper system/exhaust manifold.

i'm looking for more power so what do i get now dbilas inlet manifold or piper fast road cams?

need only experienced/serious answers pls

·
Registered
288 Posts
would an intercooler not only make a difference on a turbo'd car

Vehicle Specification
Drives:Corsa D 1.4 16V.Engine Modifications:dbilas flowmaster
piper stainless manifold/sports cat
piper stainless exhaust system.Interior Modifications:floor mats
parrot bluetooth handsfree
lockwood sill protectors.Exterior Modifications:partial rear debadge
opc styling kit 1 front splitter
opc styling kit 1 rear spoiler
opc styling kit 1 sideskirts
opc indicator surrounds
real carbon fibre wrapped b pillars
nurburgring decals on b pillars
nurburgring decals on plates
limo black sunstrip
c4 picasso aerial
sprayed rear drums & disc centres in black
painted red calipers.Wheels & Tyres:17" momo ten-s
214/45/17 toyo proxes T1R

no turbo mentioned

i dont have a clue about cars tho!!! prob could write what i know on a grain of rice

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry i thought you had a VXR for some reason :lol: my bad, ive heard that octane booster doesnt do an awful lot and on smaller engines it can actually reduce the power slightly... This could be a complete lie thought so dont quote me on this :)
i'm positive octane booster would help, but our octane is quite low (80-85 RON)

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
FAST ROADThe BP270 cam is a straight forward installation with none to light modification and parts needed depending on vehicle. Generally referred to as the stage 2 of cam tuning this profile performs well when used in conjunction with other stage 2 tuning products such as free flow exhaust systems and remaps, giving a good torque and power increase in road cars.
(Approx 270° duration)

ULTIMATE ROADThe BP285 cam is by nature designed for modified road / track day cars and as such may require additional parts and or light machining of the cylinder head and piston crowns. Generally referred to as the stage 3 of cam tuning this profile retains the tractability required for road use whilst giving good mid range torque and top end power, this profile works extremely well with ported and polished cylinder heads and throttle bodies / carburettors.
(Approx 285° duration)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
i'm positive octane booster would help, but our octane is quite low (80-85 RON)
:eek: thats awful mate, i thought i was disadvantaged only being able to get 97ron.

Well remaps defo would work with that sort of ron, i think you would get more out of the cams but you should probaly get the inlet manifold aswell at some stage! what about getting the engine bored?

·
Premium Member
13,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:eek: thats awful mate, i thought i was disadvantaged only being able to get 97ron.

Well remaps defo would work with that sort of ron, i think you would get more out of the cams but you should probaly get the inlet manifold aswell at some stage! what about getting the engine bored?
no i'm not touching my engine!!!

inlet manifold Dblias Z14XEP Flowtec Manifold System - Corsa D

The Flowtec Manifold System uses the air oscillations produced by naturally aspirated engine intake flow into the cylinders to produce a boosting effect on the intake charge. This improves the cylinder filling speed on lower and upper engine revs, resulting in a very even torque curve.

The flowtec manifold system is also supplied with software giving gains of about 20bhp
Price: £986.53 (Including VAT at 17.5%)

ouch!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts