Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Today I was siting in the car and listened to radio, I decided to move off, and I couldn't turn the engine on for some reason.

I don't know what It can be . The car is Vauxhall Corsa 2010 Deisgn.

Any advice please? I'm assuming is related to battery.

·
Registered
499 Posts
It could be a lot of things you are going to have to give more detail.

Is this the 1.3 diesel?

Have you been doing a lot of short journeys?

Try the menu trick in the video and see what the battery voltage is if you dont have a mutli meter (it may not be the number listed but you will know when you find it)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could be a lot of things you are going to have to give more detail.

Is this the 1.3 diesel?

Have you been doing a lot of short journeys?

Try the menu trick in the video and see what the battery voltage is if you dont have a mutli meter (it may not be the number listed but you will know when you find it)

No much, I bought this car last week.

It's a 1.2 petrol 2010.

You think that I need to replace a new battery ?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Should be this order or close enough -

1: Date of manufacture
2 software version
3: - ???
4: Speedometer and digital tachometer
5: Battery voltage
6: Row 1: brightness of the dashboard Row 2: Engine temperature

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No it could be lots of different things but the battery is a good place to start, do the trick in the video and see what the reading for the battery is.
I've got that menu. But i don't know which one will show voltage.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi it's a flat battery .how long did you have the radio on for without engine running ?it has happened to my daughter's corsa d
you can remove the battery and fully charge it with a battery charger or jump start it to start the car

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi it's a flat battery .how long did you have the radio on for without engine running ?it has happened to my daughter's corsa d
you can remove the battery and fully charge it with a battery charger or jump start it to start the car
I've had it for 10 - 15 minutes. I don't have a battery charger.

What I've also noticed that i did put more liquid for windows cleaning, and i noticed that is leaking under the car. Probably i did put to much. I'm not sure what it can cause the issue.

·
Registered
624 Posts
on the menu at no 5 you have a reading of 9.2 for battery voltage which is v low.maybe the battery was undercharged from the beginning and went flat with radio on
just try and jump start the car and run it for at least 1/2 hour

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the menu at no 5 you have a reading of 9.2 for battery voltage which is v low.maybe the battery was undercharged from the beginning and went flat with radio on
just try and jump start the car and run it for at least 1/2 hour
I don't have any wires as i just bought the car. Is that worth buying a new battery?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
dont waste money on a new battery.can you get breakdown assistance ?
I don't think so. That's not covered on my insurance..

Could it be because i did put to much windshield washer fluid? As i saw that is leaking from car.

·
Registered
624 Posts
when you call breakdown assistance DO NOT TELL that you had the radio on for 15 minutes.They wont cover for human error.
JUST TELL car wont start.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts