Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Most likely you have to replace switch on driver's side which is faulty.it's not fifficult to do if you have the correct tools

·
Registered
624 Posts
The switch on the driver's door that controls the passenger window.does the driver window operate normally ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
The switch on the driver's door that controls the passenger window.does the driver window operate normally ?
Yes, all functions from drivers side works fine, apart that i cant close the window to passenger side. Only opening.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sorry to be the one to say this but people don't often sell a car if it's in perfect working condition as it's obvious from your posts you haven't the mechanical knowledge or tools to get to the bottom of this yourself I would suggest you find a local garage with a good reputation and let them look at it if you don't you are going to end up guessing your way through this and spending more money than you need to.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Sorry to be the one to say this but people don't often sell a car if it's in perfect working condition as it's obvious from your posts you haven't the mechanical knowledge or tools to get to the bottom of this yourself I would suggest you find a local garage with a good reputation and let them look at it if you don't you are going to end up guessing your way through this and spending more money than you need to.
You are fully right. But as my first car, didn't wanted an expensive one

With fuel gauge, that started with flat battery and when i tried tge hidden menu to check the battery.

With passenger window issue, this was before as well.

·
Registered
499 Posts
No worries about buying a cheap car that is what I have just done when my 1.3 diesel was scrapped due the ECU but that's another story.
All my car's have been second hand and I have always had to fix certain things myself my latest 1.2 Corsa came with a juddery clutch which I already knew was a common Corsa fault when the clutch is cold my old one used to do it, a fan that has a mind of its own sometimes I have to give the glove box lid a bit of a smack to get it working then it's fine and various bits of loose trim needed sorting.
I don't know what the situation is with the RAC but I would get a cheap multi meter mine was £15 but you can get cheaper then search the forum for checking a car battery voltage with a multimeter or YouTube there are loads of guides and the meter will tell you if the battery is flat and if the alternator is working fine, if you are lucky it's just the battery if unlucky it's the alternator and if you are very unlucky both.

101 - 120 of 153 Posts