Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

121 - 140 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
No worries about buying a cheap car that is what I have just done when my 1.3 diesel was scrapped due the ECU but that's another story.
All my car's have been second hand and I have always had to fix certain things myself my latest 1.2 Corsa came with a juddery clutch which I already knew was a common Corsa fault when the clutch is cold my old one used to do it, a fan that has a mind of its own sometimes I have to give the glove box lid a bit of a smack to get it working then it's fine and various bits of loose trim needed sorting.
I don't know what the situation is with the RAC but I would get a cheap multi meter mine was £15 but you can get cheaper then search the forum for checking a car battery voltage with a multimeter or YouTube there are loads of guides and the meter will tell you if the battery is flat and if the alternator is working fine, if you are lucky it's just the battery if unlucky it's the alternator and if you are very unlucky both.
The guy replaced the battery yesterday, as after checking he said that the battery is totally totally dead and even a jump start won't help.

The thing is with petrol gauge, which wasn't an issue before changing the battery. Now shows that the fuel tank is full for some reason.

And i have an other issue with passenger window, which won't close from driver side.

Apart from these 2 issues, i haven't noticed so far others.

Clutch works fine, but i have a feeling that changing to gear 1, i have to push a bit orlf pressure. I'm not sure if that's normal.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hopefully yes if switch is faulty which looks likely.The passenger window operates normally with passenger switch. so the motor and wiring must be ok.
The problem for me is trying to diagnose without looking at car but £18 is not very expensive repair cost

·
Registered
499 Posts
The guy replaced the battery yesterday, as after checking he said that the battery is totally totally dead and even a jump start won't help.

The thing is with petrol gauge, which wasn't an issue before changing the battery. Now shows that the fuel tank is full for some reason.

And i have an other issue with passenger window, which won't close from driver side.

Apart from these 2 issues, i haven't noticed so far others.

Clutch works fine, but i have a feeling that changing to gear 1, i have to push a bit orlf pressure. I'm not sure if that's normal.
As Banda is helping with the window i would suggest you get a petrol can and fill it and carry it with you in case you run out, go for a run and see if it sort itself out wiggle the steering wheel from side to side on a road when its clear and safe to do so to slosh the petrol in the tank a bout with luck (and its a long shot) it may be the float arm is stuck (see picture) as i said its a long shot but worth a go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Hopefully yes if switch is faulty which looks likely.The passenger window operates normally with passenger switch. so the motor and wiring must be ok.
The problem for me is trying to diagnose without looking at car but £18 is not very expensive repair cost
I will have a look at the switch. Might get a new one. If that will fix the issue.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
As Banda is helping with the window i would suggest you get a petrol can and fill it and carry it with you in case you run out, go for a run and see if it sort itself out wiggle the steering wheel from side to side on a road when its clear and safe to do so to slosh the petrol in the tank a bout with luck (and its a long shot) it may be the float arm is stuck (see picture) as i said its a long shot but worth a go.

View attachment 20508

That's what I'm planning to do now. See if things will be sorted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #128

View attachment 20508
I think it's all working. Started to drop slightly and filled full tank and shows full again. Is that normal if turning highlights one, the lights on car are getting slightly darker ?

·
Registered
624 Posts
difficult to interpret what you are saying without looking at car.it could be normal or alternator not charging properly

·
Registered
499 Posts
Basically when turning in the highlights, the inside lights of speedometer gets darker a bit for some reason. I
That's normal as at night you don't want the speedo and rev counter lights glaring at you, if they are too dark when the lights are off in daytime you can adjust it by using the + & - buttons below -

Also see the up and down arrows for setting the headlight level.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
That's normal as at night you don't want the speedo and rev counter lights glaring at you, if they are too dark when the lights are off in daytime you can adjust it by using the + & - buttons below -

Also see the up and down arrows for setting the headlight level.

View attachment 20509
Thanks, I will check this tomorrow. That’s what I was looking for.

Now I need to sort out the passenger window which isn’t closing from driver side.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #135

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi it's a flat battery .how long did you have the radio on for without engine running ?it has happened to my daughter's corsa d
you can remove the battery and fully charge it with a battery charger or jump start it to start the car
DO NOT JUMP START THESE CARS. known to cause issues with the bcm, just either charge it or simply replace it, ifl you cause bcm issues you will want to kick yourself a.million times over.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
624 Posts
I have done it few times with flat battery without any issues but maybe i was lucky. where does it say you cant jump start corsa d

121 - 140 of 153 Posts