Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y0

When I change gear my car revs instead of being quiet :| started happening about 3pm today. Any idea what it is?

Thanksssssss :kiss:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
your foot on the accelerator :haha:

OK childish i know but someone has gotta say it.
:slap: you don't have your foot on the accelerator when you change gear :lol: serious answers please! :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
:slap: you don't have your foot on the accelerator when you change gear :lol: serious answers please! :)

I'd had this about 3 times, it will go away soon, youl also notice your cruise control won't work while it's playing up, If you wait about 2 seconds before you change gear it wont do it aswell, saves the embarrassment!

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd had this about 3 times, it will go away soon, youl also notice your cruise control won't work while it's playing up, If you wait about 2 seconds before you change gear it wont do it aswell, saves the embarrassment!
cheers :thumbs: did a bit of Googling and seems common on VX's. Never had it before so was just a bit curious :shrug:

·
Registered
695 Posts
cheers :thumbs: did a bit of Googling and seems common on VX's. Never had it before so was just a bit curious :shrug:
Yeah gets you worried the first time! I thought my clutch was going! I got fed up of sourcing the problem when it stopped after a few hours, hearing the words "you must be pressing your accelerator when you shift" gets veeryy irritating :p

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah gets you worried the first time! I thought my clutch was going! I got fed up of sourcing the problem when it stopped after a few hours, hearing the words "you must be pressing your accelerator when you shift" gets veeryy irritating :p
:lol: hopefully it'll stop! yeah like that guy up there said :| ^^

·
Registered
392 Posts
Use to get this on my old pre facelift corsa d, when changing from first to second gear the rev's always stayed high. there was a thread about it a while back, my new facelift corsa does not do it, so maybe vauxhall have addressed the problem.

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the info lads I will disconnect the battery 300 and see what happens :)

I live in Portslade mate, right next to Hove :)

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
300s tip did the trick, thanks man :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I used to get this on my old corsa c aswell, never really thought anything of it although it does bug you a lot when it does it. But if its anything like when it happened to me it will only ever do it every now and then

·
Registered
988 Posts
mines done this since iv had had it!

very irritating, especially when people say wtf are you doing lol

somebody find a cure!

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I live in brighton as well never get to see u? :salute:
really? whereabouts mate? I never see you either :lol: I've seen a red VXR around but dunno if it's you?

Depends if you rev match when changing gear ;)
:lol: only chavs do that :p

My SRi does this, im thinking something to do with the clutch..
could be a worn clutch mate, or just do what I did :shrug:

mines done this since iv had had it!

very irritating, especially when people say wtf are you doing lol

somebody find a cure!
disconnect the battery mate for 10 mins, worked a charm on my car :)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts