Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
iv had the battery disconnected loads of times when iv been doing stuff :/
and never changed :(
hmmm :| not sure then mate, have you not got it checked by VX?

·
Registered
988 Posts
out of warrenty and it hasnt caused me any problems so im letting it slide
its kind of intermittent, very rarely it will shift properly...
strange lol

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
out of warrenty and it hasnt caused me any problems so im letting it slide
its kind of intermittent, very rarely it will shift properly...
strange lol
hopefully someone can shed some light to what it actually is :lol:

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:| Nuh-uh. I rev match the majority of the time, looks after the clutch mate, and smoother changes :)

Though i have seen some chav'd up Nova attempting such a method in slow traffic at like 4k revs which i found quite amusing
Oh I thought you meant revving purposely like mad whilst changing gear with the clutch depressed which they do :lol: rev match is fair enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
y0

When I change gear my car revs instead of being quiet :| started happening about 3pm today. Any idea what it is?

Thanksssssss :kiss:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
This happened to me but, my engine smelled like it was literally on fire let it cool for 2 hours with the bonnet up, when i changed gear it was revving very high and strugglin big time so i dont know what happened that day ! since then no other problems :)

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
my cars started to do this now :( i thought it was my clutch!!! My cruise control doesnt workk!! Shall i inform vauxhall?
well it's still in warranty so yeah :shrug: i fixed it easily though, disconnect battery for half an hour and worked fine after :)

·
Banned
491 Posts
Ok buddy il try that hopfully my cruise control will work afterwards! :( ever since i wired those footwell lights is hasnt worked
well it's still in warranty so yeah :shrug: i fixed it easily though, disconnect battery for half an hour and worked fine after :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
happens to mine as well some times, happened today and i wheel span in 3rd at like 3000 rpm was strange :L everyone in the car was like 'was that a wheel spin!?' haha didn't even plant it! just pullin away from a junction! oh well :L

·
Registered
988 Posts
wheel span in 3rd at 3000rpm?

hmmm i know that smell!!!

old thread ha i remember this!

i still havent found a cure for it, disconnecting battery didnt work :(
only happens now an again, but when it doesnt happen its quite satisfying!

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ugh happening again for me :( I did a wrong gear change (3rd to 5th) and after that it started happening! So time to disconnect the battery once more :cry:

·
Registered
59 Posts
the car is kind of meant to rev while changing gear(not a massive amount just a slight bit).. its to stop the fuel valve closing and then reopening.. the idea of it is to increase fuel economy. thats the basic long and short of it

21 - 40 of 53 Posts