Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
the car is kind of meant to rev while changing gear(not a massive amount just a slight bit).. its to stop the fuel valve closing and then reopening.. the idea of it is to increase fuel economy. thats the basic long and short of it
whilst i get that, it shouldn't rev constantly on a gear change for more than a few seconds and it should not be so loud, so it's defo an issue which is a hit and miss :shrug:

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
or hit hit hit in my case :(
mate you should find out with VX what it is, no one knows for sure what the hell causes it :lol: I'm hoping the disconnecting the battery trick works again otherwise i'm going to take it to VX and find out what on earth it is, cos it bothers the hell out of me :p

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
no warrenty and im second owner
they will shaft me for even looking at it lol
god damn :lol:

looks like i'm going to have to take a trip up to them if it doesn't fix to find out what on earth it is then!

·
Registered
988 Posts
the garage that i take my cars to said they have no idea either :/

on the very rare occasion that it revs properly, it feels so satisfying haha

wheels are great btw, only one tiny kerb mark so far haha

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had this problem and vx said it was a software issue and updated it and it's been running like normal ever since

·
Banned
2,884 Posts
I'v had this but only ever when its been drivin hard, and then i'v stopped stationary for a few seconds & set off again

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I had this problem and vx said it was a software issue and updated it and it's been running like normal ever since
Ah okay but my car is literally brand new so is a bit weird :/

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'v had this but only ever when its been drivin hard, and then i'v stopped stationary for a few seconds & set off again
Yeah, I just disconnected my battery and gonna leave it for half an hour and report back :)

·
Autumn 2011 Feature Car
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Woot all back to normal :) disconnected for half an hour and boom all good! Only remedy for now oddly enough

41 - 53 of 53 Posts