Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to do my own servicing as ive got a feeling that when taken to VX for the 1st 3 years they haven't done anything as the car hasn't felt refreshed coming out of one, but cant prove it. Id rather do it my self. Its been a long time and would like some help. I have a 09 1.3 CDTI Ecoflex (75bhp). Would anyone in the Greater Manchester Area be willing to spare a day at their weekend to show me. Is it still the old case of needing Oil & Air Filter, Glow Plugs, and Oil?

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
I would treat yourself to a haynes manual.

I do mine and its easy to do. Takes about an hour to do as I don't rush. Glow plugs dont really need changing every service. You have missed a fuel filter and pollen filter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okie Dokie, my only concern is how to get rid of the oil. Im going to replace everything this time round as I know its been done.

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
Okie Dokie, my only concern is how to get rid of the oil. Im going to replace everything this time round as I know its been done.
I have a sealable tray I use and the local tip has a place I can tip it. My brother just fills up the bottle from the tray that the new oil came in and takes it to the tip

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Yeah do it yourself its pretty simple. VX probably only do an Oil and Filter change. You want to change the air, and most importantly the fuel filter aswell. You might notice more of a difference then.

As for the oil, you can have a little bonfire in the back yard can't you?! It burns lovely! :D

·
Registered
14,154 Posts
Yeah do it yourself its pretty simple. VX probably only do an Oil and Filter change. You want to change the air, and most importantly the fuel filter aswell. You might notice more of a difference then.

As for the oil, you can have a little bonfire in the back yard can't you?! It burns lovely! :D
:lol: Can cook the chicken in it too :ninja:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts