Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently had my ignition part put in as my car would not start then decide to start no cranking noise. Sometimes it will start straight away sometimes I have to wait 5 mins .So the garage do this and fit new ignition part and they said that's not worked they have to do the module. This has all started from getting a thermostat fitted and now I'm at my wits end any suggestions as my car is becoming so expensive 馃槴

Registered
You need to give us more information -

What did the garage replace the first time?

What did they replace the second time?

Did you get your money back for the first parts that did not fix the problem and now the second lot of parts has not fixed it so they owe you for both jobs.

Which module are thy replacing and why?

You need a second opinion it sounds like yet another bunch of clueless fuckers fitting parts hoping to stumble on the problem meanwhile charging you fot work that was not needed we see this weekly here and it really boils my ****.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thermostat was replaced by garage and all the housing. The car then wasn't starting but then I was able to drive away. Thus continued to not always start I went back to the garage and they convinced me that they had not gone near any electrics but because I was charged nearly 400 for thermostat I went to another garage where they said the code read a number of stuff and they said to start with the ignition. They put it on and now they are saying its the module but they said they had to start with the ignition to illuminate that. Now they are saying its about 600 to fix . But I'm at my wits end

Registered
They charged you 拢400 to change a thermostat :eek: and it still wasn't right, you should have taken it back and threatened them with trading standards

I am no mechanic but would be surprised if a thermostat housing would stop the car starting.

Why did you drive away when the car was obviously not fixed?

If i were you i would take i to a Vauxhall dealer before throwing another 拢600 at it and then find they guessed wrong again and you are 拢1000 out of pocket.

Registered
Yes I have to agree 拢400 for a thermostat on these cars. This is 1 and half hours.labour max and part wise worse case 拢100. So that was a big bill. Your car not starting is highly unlikely due to a thermostate change as it is just not linked. I would look tonpreort them bit then find another garage with top Google reviews or bite bullet and take it to vauxhall. Intermittent crank no start can be a few things and would need.to be looked at.properly, and just throwing karts at it will get expensive. You need someone to diagnose properly in one shot.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts