Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 sxi 1.2 5 door in black
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, been trawling about on autotrader and seen the odd corsa d with what appears to be a lead for something hanging from bottom of dash glovebox side near gear stick, and it only seems to be on ones with cd30 MP3’s and big gid, firstly what’s it for and second can it be retrofitted?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi folks, been trawling about on autotrader and seen the odd corsa d with what appears to be a lead for something hanging from bottom of dash glovebox side near gear stick, and it only seems to be on ones with cd30 MP3’s and big gid, firstly what’s it for and second can it be retrofitted?
Don't suppose you have a picture of it. Cant seem to find any when ive looked on auto trader

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost like it’s a separate aux input and usb hanging down, only seen the odd one though and it kinda between the obd port and the side just near left hand cup holder, didn’t know if anyone had one in theirs or have swapped it or it’s for a aftermarket sat nav or something?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Almost like it’s a separate aux input and usb hanging down, only seen the odd one though and it kinda between the obd port and the side just near left hand cup holder, didn’t know if anyone had one in theirs or have swapped it or it’s for a aftermarket sat nav or something?
Not an after market handsfree system is it? We had one on the last Corsa In the same place .

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With it being that low down I can’t see it being sat nav or owt like that as it’s where it is, would’ve thought sat nav would be up in line of sight.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this is what I’m on about as being the dangly thing near glovebox, can anyone shed some light on what it is and if it can be retro fitted?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looks like a usb header that was once upon a time hooked into the back of a aftermarket head unit.

I’ve wired it the same on mine

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah the weird and wonderful world of us buggering about with our cars! Jeez I sound old!

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just I’ve seen it on a few corsa’s so it’s almost as if it’s a vauxhall had it on the options list as they’re all in the same place like they were supposed to be there. Would’ve thought if it was a aftermarket thing they’d be in random spots all over the dash and different designs, with the ones I’ve seen all being there and those connectors it’s as if they were put there by vx for something usb? I’ve not seen many corsas with the aux input and a usb in the Centre cup holders either

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just I’ve seen it on a few corsa’s so it’s almost as if it’s a vauxhall had it on the options list as they’re all in the same place like they were supposed to be there. Would’ve thought if it was a aftermarket thing they’d be in random spots all over the dash and different designs, with the ones I’ve seen all being there and those connectors it’s as if they were put there by vx for something usb? I’ve not seen many corsas with the aux input and a usb in the Centre cup holders either
There is a cd unit which does have usb definitely for the Corsa s

Sent from my CPH1921 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it was an official OEM USB system, I doubt they'd put the wiring to the cup holder through the cut-out since the OBD placement is already far back to make it difficult to use and the wiring would have the potential to cover the port.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If it was an official OEM USB system, I doubt they'd put the wiring to the cup holder through the cut-out since the OBD placement is already far back to make it difficult to use and the wiring would have the potential to cover the port.
I agree looking into it further they replaced the aux port with a usb and aux port .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts