Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi is there anyone here based near Essex or Hertfordshire what can tech2 my new unit and god screen to my car ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
If they’ve been sold to you together they’re already paired up together, if they aint it’ll cost more than enough. eBay are selling matched/ paired cd30 mp3 models from £40 onwards if that’s any help to you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mine are paired just wondering how you get them to display current mpg readings and things

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I’m sure if you go into settings with the radio off you can get in the menu that way, try google to be certain, even works if you don’t have steering wheel controls as I swapped my cd30 for a cd30 mp3 in my old astravan, that didn’t have steering wheel control either. It’s the bc button, not the settings button, again google to be certain

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I’m just wondering do all the cd30mp3 have Bluetooth so I can connect my phone because I’m seeming to have bother with my one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
None do, you need a separate part, you either loose the cd30 and go for a cd40, go aftermarket or get a bit off eBay that plugs in, either behind the stereo or into your lighter socket

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only thing was my old CD30 unit had a microphone built in and Bluetooth so since I swapped to a cd30mp3 it seems like I’ve lost my phone capabilities. Can anyone shed anymore light on this please

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Given you’ve gone from a cd 30 to a cd 30 mp3 what I’d suggest is this, on the back of your connector for the power and speakers, below the fuse there been a connector you’ve added or taken out, 3 pins if I remember and that’d be what your Bluetooth and microphone were routed in, now you’ve got the mp3 and the aux port that’ll be where the old gubbins were.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
  • Right, I’m hoping you’ve kept the extra wiring from your old Bluetooth system because if you have I may have a solution. In your centre cup holder in front of the gear stick you have or have put in the aux port? Right there’s 3 wires coming from it, what you need to do is with your Bluetooth system is look at where the plug is from the back of the stereo you’ll have the 3 wires that your aux is now plugged into. On the bt loom there’ll be a red power a black negative then 3 others, look and see how they are, should look like a 7 shape, if you look at the connector end and look at where the wires go in, you should be able to match it. Bottom one is black, above that is green with a white stripe then to the left is purple with white stripe, that’s back of the radio, down at the gear stick end you have 3 empty ones, black, green, and purple, should be plenty of space there for you to work in rather than pulling the stereo out again, as long as the gear lever isn’t in the way of the wiring then it’ll just be a case of putting the microphone to where you want it and switching the stereo to aux when the phone rings, which I’m guessing is what you had to do before. Just make sure you don’t leave any bare wires anywhere or else you could end up with a toasty corsa!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
What i meant was my original cd player i had in my corsa already had hands free and a microphone installed but as soon as i swapped it to a cd30mp3 i cant connect my phone anymore i havent touched the wiring harness just plugged in my cd30mp3 and that was it

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Funnily enough, I’ve just got one from eBay, very similar to that, just without all the radio harness on it, literally the black box thingy with the 3 wires into the white connector in that pic and then a power and earth lead, I’m assuming my kit will work with the phone microphone as the one I have hasn’t got the external microphone on it, maybe check and see what is on eBay and if it does the same as this one isn’t currently available, depends if you want it now or not and if you want to take the radio out again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can’t get a hold of one of those harnesses. I’m thinking of just forgetting the phone Connectivity and looking to install an aux cable. Has anyone got the link on which one I use for the cd30mp3 ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Tbh, the aux is already there in mine, you should have a aux with yours, if not there’s another thread on here on how to do it

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Found out something, cd30 does exist with a usb, like rocking horse muck to get hold of, then I looked on google, for change from £13 you can get a wiring harness that looks virtually the same as the one you found on amazon on eBay when you search cd30 usb, about 6 along in the ad bit at the top, delivery July 1 - 15

1 - 18 of 18 Posts