Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

Cd40 and Cd30 HELP

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  TheAtlanticDiver 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I recently purchased a second hand Vauxhall corsa, and was in the middle of changing my head unit to a pioneer SPH Da120 which made me confused! There was 3 cables which came out of the Cd40, which the pioneer could only input 2 of them. I’m not sure wether I was doing anything wrong, but the cable type is a mini type b and I’m clueless to its function in the car?! Does anyone know what this cable is for and is it important?!

kind regards

#3 ·
Think its for the USB port by the looks of the image. If you want to plug it into your new radio you can get an adaptor or cheaper get a mini usb to usb lead and pull the cup holders out. unplug the mini usb lead that goes into the USB socket and plug that in instead then fish that up and plug it into the rear of your stero.

#4 ·
Thank you I’m going to look into it! I just bought an adaptor on eBay, I just hope it does the trick! The head unit wasn’t powering on when the engine was off, but my brother did an experiment to ensure the unit was getting power, and it turns out the power cable isn’t providing the unit with power?! What’s should I do? Purchase a new power adapter? This is all confusing

#5 ·
Ah the old Vauxhall trick is needed here, what you need to do is swap the permanent live and switched live over on the radio side, black is earth then as I remember off the 90’s pioneers you swap the red and orange wires over and again if memory serves, there’s already a set of connectors that you can do that with, if not, clip both the wires and join red to orange and orange to red, but PLEASE double check before you cut that I’ve remembered the colours right, it’s been 25 years since I put a pioneer in and things change 👍

#7 ·
It's red and yellow. One needs to be connected to a acc live at the key barrell or if not cig lighter.

If you common red and yellow together you will have to turn the radio off manually. From the pioneer they do not do that anymore it is just 1 to 1 at least with my Evo 62 so you would have to solder them.

I think it's yellow that is permanent live but not 100% myself

#8 ·
It's red and yellow. One needs to be connected to a acc live at the key barrell or if not cig lighter.

If you common red and yellow together you will have to turn the radio off manually. From the pioneer they do not do that anymore it is just 1 to 1 at least with my Evo 62 so you would have to solder them.

I think it's yellow that is permanent live but not 100% myself
Yeah we’ve attached it to the cigarette thing and it works perfectly, I’ve purchased the adaptor for that cable so I’m just waiting on that, but if I do source the power from the cig thing, then the unit would be on even with the car on I think...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.