Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey question for the guys that have replaced there rear bumpers with a VXR centre exit. What did you do to get the centre exit? Powerflow/long life?standard vxr back box made to fit?

Just want to work out the best way of getting round it as just bought a bumper.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
They offer 3 choices which determine the loudness. If you pop into your nearest powerflow/longlife centre, they chat with you about how loud you want it. Once you've made your choice, they book you in and give you a rough idea of how much it'll cost. My mate had a full cat back system on his Clio. He went in and spoke to them, a week later it was done for £345. He went for the mid sport which is very subtle unless you really boot it, and then it has a nice tone to it, not too loud.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Or have the VXR rear bumper with a custom diffuser like mine then get a Longlife exhaust system ;)

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm after a centre exit...however have just found out about the whole "wheel well" issue:facepalm: has anyone had a custom back box made to go around it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They offer 3 choices which determine the loudness. If you pop into your nearest powerflow/longlife centre, they chat with you about how loud you want it. Once you've made your choice, they book you in and give you a rough idea of how much it'll cost. My mate had a full cat back system on his Clio. He went in and spoke to them, a week later it was done for £345. He went for the mid sport which is very subtle unless you really boot it, and then it has a nice tone to it, not too loud.
sounds good mate cheers....hopefully they can work around the wheel well. Iv heard it's been done so hopefully won't be a problem

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
no I know that but apparently there is enough room to get some pipework around to the exit on the diffuser?
Straight through pipe with no backbox yeah but be loud. Even if you got a silencer mid way down the pipe it would still be loud

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's what I'm worried about.....might just take my back box off now and see if I can live with it.lol....if not I'll sell the bumper.lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have you got a photo of the underneath of the rear of your car with that bumper on Wez...I know it's a long shot.lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
It should be possible, just need to check how much room you have between the wheel well and bumper. If there is enough you could do it like the Astra H, just bend a pipe from the back box around to the center. I'm going for dual exit myself.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
That's the way I proposed he does it, has a centre silencer then a pipe around the wheel well

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It should be possible, just need to check how much room you have between the wheel well and bumper. If there is enough you could do it like the Astra H, just bend a pipe from the back box around to the center. I'm going for dual exit myself.

I think that's gonna be plan A....see what they say Thursday. Cheers mate

·
Read Only
754 Posts
@MicheeLE has a 1.2 LE with a centre exit, he had a custom exhaust made by Powerflow, the backbox sits on the last like normal then the pipe goes to the centre

1 - 20 of 27 Posts