Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 402 Posts

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Monster Corsa is gone to make way for my new pride & joy!

1999 Championship White Civic EK9 Type-R Lightweight

Imported from Tokyo in 2006, was keen on a JDM import for a long time & last week my wish was granted :)

------------------//----------------

Current Mods UPDATED -

2.5" Custom Stainless Exhaust System
BC BR Series Coilovers
Mugen Airbox Intake
StopTech PowerSlot Grooved Discs
EBC Yellowstuff Pads
Goodridge Braided Brake Lines
Rota Blue Anodised Wheel Nuts
Momo Corse Steering Wheel
JDM Wind Deflectors
Mugen Front Lip
8000K Bi-Xenon HID Kit

How it stands as of 14/05/14 -

------------------//----------------

Clayed & Tar Removed the car on Friday, looks much better for it!

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys :)

Hahaha no it will be staying as it looks now :) nice and clean. Got a mates modding company who's going to put his logo in the quarter windows, but that's it.

It's pretty mental to drive with your foot down tbh, screams all the way up to 9000rpm. Very strong in VTEC & very quick for what it is! Love it :)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Always liked these, can't go wrong with an older Honda!

I ADORED my G plate Crx :up:

·
Administrator
23,700 Posts
After seeing the pictures and it in the flesh, you've won me round :lol: actually is really nice. The interior is lovely too and looked in such good nick to be fair considering age etc.

Mods sound good mate, not subtly lowering and getting rid of balloon tyres? Other than that its a beauty!

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!

Nah, won't be touching the suspension tbh. Nothing wrong with it, it's been fine tuned by Honda for 1000's of hours to get it right, it handles like its on rails, the LSD locks in the corners & you're away. Perfectly balanced, next to no roll & it's a comfy ride, much better than my Corsa! Not going to lower it just for looks, I think it looks fine anyway. JDM YO!

Plus it's low to the ground anyway because its only got 15" alloys lol. Feels like you're sitting on the ground. The tyres are 195/55/15 so only 10mm bigger profile than the 45's on the Corsa's. I'll see what happens when I come to change the tyres, all 4 are brand new ATM. Lowest I'd go is 50 profile, it'd be too low otherwise.

Won't be changing much from standard, it'll be staying pretty much as Honda intended it to be.

·
Administrator
23,700 Posts
Fair enough mate didn't know it was that low but being on 15s it must be, and I bet it handles really well too, does look a true minter though.

Tidy up jobs sound good though mate definitely.

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it's pretty close, only just clears speedbumps & can't clear curbs, have to watch out with the Mugen lip. Handles immensely, can just chuck it into corners & it goes there.

Yeah got the ball rolling with the tidy up jobs, wipers & some brackets are done already. HID kit fitted yesterday, moving along nicely.

1 - 20 of 402 Posts