Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

21 - 40 of 402 Posts

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Haha I know, French cars tend to start falling to bits shortly after they were made.

Hard to say really, never been in a Clio or raced one for that matter :shrug:

Only thing I have to show is this really -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6LASYPzWc

The EK9 may have been modified though... Clio is much heavier, but has more torque... Would be close.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
Haha I know, French cars tend to start falling to bits shortly after they were made.

Hard to say really, never been in a Clio or raced one for that matter :shrug:

Only thing I have to show is this really -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq6LASYPzWc

The EK9 may have been modified though... Clio is much heavier, but has more torque... Would be close.
Thought you'd bite harder than that :lol:

Doesn't matter who wins when I'd probly have something else break while we're trying it... Hence why I'm selling it :(

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thought you'd bite harder than that :lol:

Doesn't matter who wins when I'd probly have something else break while we're trying it... Hence why I'm selling it :(
Hahah I'm open to others views & points. I know the Type-R's aren't the fastest thing on the road, that's not why I bought it. They're not built for straight line speed anyway.

Haha possibly! Wouldn't want to break another drive shaft! What you buying? BMW?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Yeah man, exactly what mine sounds like :) I will get some videos up of mine soon!

Exhaust is loud on mine too, nice jap note, crackles & pops, screams like a motorbike in VTEC too :)
Ive been looking at the DC5's alot mate.

Love a vtec yo :lol:

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
As said, I tidied up the engine bay a little at the weekend, still lots to do though!

Changed to a stainless bracket on the radiator hose with a red bolt, painted the air con radiator bracket in Hammerite & painted the wiper arms too, plus generally giving everywhere a clean down. But that's just the start on the engine bay :)

Before

After

Wipers Before

Wipers after, not the best finish but was Hammerite with a brush...

·
4,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
how much bhp this pushing out?
looks good :) type-rs are always fun!
185bhp! Not bad from an N/A 1.6! I'll have to get it dyno'd though, could be more due to the exhaust, could be less. Depends how well it's been serviced. Don't think it's lost many horses though, goes like ****! Lol

Best car Honda have made.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Possibly but I'd say the Integra DC2 & NSX also!

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Didn't realise you could hire out a white skip? :wink:

Nah I'm joking mate, well chuffed for ya that you finally got it! :D
I've just read through this and was waiting for you to drop up with a sarcastic comment... You didn't disappoint :lol:

Tbf though after all the stick we've given him, that's one nice motor!

21 - 40 of 402 Posts