Vauxhall Corsa-D Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have changed the stereo in my car and it has a piano black fascia but the other sections on the console are silver, should I change the console to piano black, I have the parts ordered but friends are telling me the silver looks better, I have seen pics of the black dash on here and think it looks good.

I am looking opinions to help me choose weither to leave the dash as it is or change it to piano black to match the fascia.

Kerri

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That does look well did you do the vents yourself and how, the piano black from vauxhall should match my piano balck fascia i got from connects2, just the silver never,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't know where to start, sorry to say I'm a bit of a typical girl and know nothing about cars, so I'm having to pay a garage to do it for me, not sure if I would trust anyone I know to do it incase they wrecked it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in Larne, Northern Ireland lol. A friend said he thinks it could do it but I'm worried he'll damage something, the garage are charging £70 to change the silver bits to black and my pedals to vxr alloy ones. Is that really dear.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tried a scrapyard and they told me the cars to new and to try a dealership, so I bought the parts in black from vauxhall so now it's just to get them fitted which is 70 for the black parts getting chaged and the pedals changed too, my mate would prob take all day doing it where as vauxhall said it would be no more than an hour, I'll prob end up paying them to do it but I'm pretty sure your right the black looks better.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am definitly changing it to black but I could do with some help how do I remove the wee speaker on top of the console first and second the dome bit.

Kerri

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the SXi and so my centre console is silver, so I have bought an entire piano black centre console, incl. the black bits which go on the steering wheel. Can anyone tell me how to put it on? I have no idea where to start? My boyfriend is going to do it for me as I dont want to put it in a garage, he thinks he should be able to manage but the steering wheel parts could be tricky? HELLLLLPPPPPP!!! x.x

·
Registered
192 Posts
Can anyone tell me how to put it on? I have no idea where to start?
Hi - Take a look at some of the explanations in these other threads i'l be using when i get round to it - think there is also a tutorial with pictures somewhere but cannot find yet...

one

two

three

Hopefully they'll give you somewhere to start!
:doublethumbs:

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks for help!! If i get stuck al ask again!!!!!!
i got them all off ebay, full set. expensive but well worth it. The silvers minging!

thanks again for help, x.x

1 - 20 of 75 Posts